🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wrong bank account number
Page options
jamieprozac
Community Member

Wrong bank account number

Would it be possible for Upwork to help me retrieve the money that i withdrew? I did not notice that the bank account information that I put in are incorrect. Please help. Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jaminine,

Unfortunately we can't cancel a withdrawal once it's been initiated. Since your payment method is not correct, the funds should be reversed back to your Upwork account.
If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here so that we can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please assist me Ive entered card number instead of account number

Hi Pauline,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the money will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
egeedz
Community Member

Hi, dear Upwork support community

When I add my withdrawal method I copied all my bank account details from the website. There were gaps between my account number and I didn't notice that. furthermore, I clear the gaps between the account number but there was a number limit in the withdrawal method so I copied the completely wrong bank account number.

Conclusion: I copied the missing bank account number. It supposes to be 16 numbers but when I copied it from the website it was pasted with gaps and there were 14 numbers. Please help me

Hi Edge,

Thank you for your message.

I see that your payment method is not active yet. You can edit or remove your payment method anytime from here by clicking the options menu (3 dots) next to your Preferred payment method. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
egeedz
Community Member

I deleted immediately the wrong bank account on my withdrawal method page.
I added a new bank account number which is the correct one ended with 9155.

wrong bank account number ended with 7491.
my withdrawal case number is 404432000 which I wanted to cancel.
I sent 131$ to this wrong bank account number. I want to cancel that
withdrawal request. Please help me.

Best regards,
Ege Edizdogan
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ege,

Since your bank account number is not correct the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V.  I have a similar concern.  I withdrew from my Upwork earnings and sent the money to an old, deactivated account number, although same bank.   It happened twice.  First, last December 2021, then on February 2022.   On both instances, I did not receive my withdrawal.     I registered my new bank details a few days ago.  What's going to happen?  Thank you. 

Hi Mio,

Thank you for your message. Could you please check with your bank if the amount is already credited to your old account number for both withdrawals sent in December and February? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
255b75b2
Community Member

Hello!

I've contacted support from Upwork about the same case of wrong bank account number. However, I was advised to wait for almost a month for an update since they get in touch qith my bank. I don't understand!  It was supposed to be just 8 business days to receive my funds back if it didn't processed successfully, right? How come it'll take that long? 

Even so, thankfully they're working on this. I hope I'll get the funds back soon.

kimjayluta
Community Member

Wrong bank account number!

Hi, i had the same issue where i entered the card number instead of my Account number, i didn't notice it and try to withdraw my earnings. What should i do to get back the withdrawn amount?

Hi Kim,

If the payment method you used is incorrect, the funds will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bbabccc8
Community Member

Hello the first time I send money to my bank account was everything good but today I sent my money there but when I was checking I didn't recognize my bank account number, doesn't March with my actual account,  I didn't change it. What can I do ? To have my money back? I dont know where this goes 

Hi Itaihosara,

As Joanne mentioned above, there's no action required from your end. If the payment method you used is incorrect, the funds will be refunded back to your Upwork account which usually takes from 7 to 10 days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hey, I put my card number instead of my account number. Its already been more than 10+ days, I am quiet concerned about my payment please take a look at it.

Hi Tanishq,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members