cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong country while creating my profile

Highlighted
Julio N Member Since: Jan 3, 2018
1 of 47

Hello, I was connected thru a customer proxy when I created my UpWork account and by mistake I let USA (auto selected) as country, I realize it cannot be changed during the profile creation, so I kindly request your help to set the right country (Venezuela) in order to move forward with my account configuration. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Julio

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 47

Julio:

This is the Community Forum, which is essentially a discussion board used by Upwork users.

It IS POSSIBLE that a Forum Moderator (who works for Upwork officially) will see your request and help you out with it.

But the official proper way for you to get help with this is to contact Upwork Customer Support and submit a help ticket, asking them humbly to help you correct your country location to the right country.

https://support.upwork.com/

3 of 47

Thanks for the prompt response Preston H, 

I did try to request help from support section but at the end it requests to select a channel where "Discuss with UpWork Community" seems to be the one which makes sense, so I assume it will take me to this forum.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 47

At this point, you may simply need to wait for a Moderator to read this thread and help you.

There is no direct way for you to make the change yourself.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 47

Hi Julio,

We'll go ahead and switch the location setting for you so you can continue with your profile creation.

Thanks for reaching out!

~ Valeria
Untitled
6 of 47

Thank you Valeria!

It will be highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Daria U Member Since: Jan 14, 2018
7 of 47

Hello Valeria, 

I am having a similar issue that some people have reported on here regarding the wrong location while creating a profile. My current location is  Flagstaff, AZ, USA. However, the profile reports my home country that I visited while I started creating the Upwork profile. Would it be possible to have the location corrected to my current one in the US? I really appreciate the help!

Community Leader
Felix M Member Since: Dec 9, 2017
8 of 47

Hi Daria,

We'll help you with the switching of the location for you.

Felix
Untitled
Laxmi A Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
9 of 47

Hi Team,

I also stuck with this problem.

I am creating my profile and it is showning my country as Unitest states and not allowing me to change same.

I need to set same to India.

Please help me as appropriate.

Thanks

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 47

Hi Laxmi, 

I recently updated your country from United States to India. You should be able to update your address accordingly.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS