🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Wrong country while creating my profile
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

While creating profile I am not able to enter addresss as I can not change country to India.

Hi Amit, 

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

I am also facing same issue. My country is india and its showing United State so i am unable to complete my profile creation.

Hi Prashant,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi while updating my profile, my location has got fix to USA and i am unable to change it to the exact location. can you  please help me to solve this problem

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi R A,

Could you please confirm your current location and our team will update your country, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello dear I m also facing same issue related with country kindly please set my location karachi pakistan. thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Annas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you so much ! appreciated for quick solution 

Hi!
I have the same problem! When i created my account Thailand was set as my country, but I live in Germany! Could you please change that!

Hi Milena,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Valeria, I had the same problem. How can I restart the creation of my account? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pablo,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ladosa
Community Member

Yeah, I live in UK
Thanks 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Pablo! Your Country was updated as you requested.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I do not want to change the country, just the city from Liverpool to London but it seems that I can not do this change. It doesn't give me the option to do so in my settings, regards the fact, your "support" says so.

Hi Ana-Maria,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser?

Please go to Settings > Contact Info > Location > and add your full address there. Once you start typing, you will see a drop-down menu with suggestions. Pick your address from the drop-down menu.

Additionally, one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to asst you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, I am also having a similar issue, can the moderator team please look into it and change my location to 'India' instead of the currently selected country, This would be highly appreciated, Thanks.

Hi Prashant,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
adilavi
Community Member

Hi, 

Can you please change my country to Israel?

Thank you, 

Adi

Hi Adi,

It is now changed to Israel. You may update the rest of the information. Thanks!

Hey i have the same problem can you please chnage my country back to morroco

Sorry Morocco

Hi Hamza,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi There,

I have the same issue as these users. Could my profile country be updated to be Spain rather than UK?

Thank you

Hi Gianni,

I`ve updated your country, now you can update the rest for your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

I'm experiencing the same issue for country thng, chosen United Kingdom instead of Germany.

So If you can hepl me with this problem it would be great!

Best

Hi Amirpasha,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am having the same issue. I cannot my own address because of this wrong country, can you please update this to Pakistan for me?

Regards,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umer, 

Your country has now been updated to Pakistan, as requested. You may now update your address by going to your Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info). 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have a similar issue too. When I signed up, my country was set to United states. Now, whenever I log into upwork, I am always at the Create profile Page and I can't do anything, because I need a us phone number. Can you please change it to israel?

Hi Valeria, 
I'm also facing the same issue.
Could you help me to reset the Country from The States to Taiwan?

Thanks
Best regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

~ Goran
Upwork

It seems I've hit the same issue, I'm interested in participating as a business (located in the US) and potentially also as a freelancer (I live in France).

Could you please get my account out of the "Create your profile" workflow so that I can continue participation in the context of my US based business?  I'll simply register a different account for myself.

Hi Caleb,

Would you like our team to update your country to France or close your freelancer profile? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please close the freelancer profile and let me use this account just as a company. Thanks.
petra_r
Community Member

Caleb James D wrote:

I'll simply register a different account for myself.

You are not allowed to do that, and risk both accounts being suspended.

39dc266a
Community Member

Oh, thanks for letting me know. It's a bit complicated as my company is not a one-person business, anyway I'll just refrain from registering as a freelancer.

Hi Caleb,

You can complete your application and submit it for a review. Once your application is submitted you will be able to switch between your client and freelancer profile. 

If you need further help let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I refreshed the page and the "create profile" screen is still locked to US. Should I put a fake address and write "please reject this request" ?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths