cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong country while creating my profile

Pramit S Member Since: Oct 19, 2019
91 of 100

Can a moderator please change my country from United States to Nepal? I am not being able to complete my profile. I will be working from Nepal.

Thanks

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
92 of 100

Hi Pramit,

Your country has been updated to Nepal as you have requested. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Rachael D Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
93 of 100

I was setting up my account, and I am an American travelling right now and lost access to my American phone number, so I am unable to get past that point. 

Can someone assist with this to finish setting up my account?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
94 of 100

Hi Rachael, 

I'm sorry that we missed replying to your post. I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

ETA: Rachael, I'm coming back here to let you know that we will not be able to verify your account through phone verification unless your phone number matches the country listed on your profile.

How long will you be away from the US? If you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling. Let me know if you need your country to be updated to another country so that I can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Rachael D Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
95 of 100

Hi Avery, I am working in Australia as a freelancer now. Can you change my location to Australia and then I can verify from there? I need to finish setting up my profile and it will not let me.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
96 of 100

Hi Rachael, 

Your country has now been updated to Australia as requested. 

-Avery
Untitled
Nicol G Member Since: Jan 11, 2020
97 of 100

Hello,

My profile is set to Bolivia but it should be Chile. Impossible to enter my phone number.

Can you change this as soon as possible so I can continue creating my profile, please?

Thank you

Nicol

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
98 of 100

Hi Nicol,

Your country has been updated to Chile as requested. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Vinicius D Member Since: Jan 25, 2020
99 of 100

Hi. Same problem. I'm from Brazil.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: On another note, if Upwork wants to hire me to give this a permanent fix I'm up for it Smiley Very Happy

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
100 of 100

Hi Vinicius,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I updated your country to Brazil as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS