🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong earnings in Specialized Profiles
Page options
navneet54
Community Member

Wrong earnings in Specialized Profiles

The earnings and hours are not correct in my specialized profile. I've earned $300+ and have 3 jobs in SEO but the specialized profile is showing just $10 and 1 job.This is affecting me badly. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navneet,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navneet,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Navneet,

Thank you.

Hi Aleksandar,

The first thing, is that I'm having the same problem as Navneet.  The hours (10) and the job (1) on my most recent job went to my general profile but not my specialized profile.  As a beginner, I need all the stats I can get.  The user Petra kindly showed me how to transfer client reviews between profiles - how can I also do this manually with my hours and my "jobs completed" counter?

The second thing, as per your suggestion, I tried making a support ticket, but I can't find where to do so anymore.  I was able to do so previously (before my account was verified and before I upgraded with the monthly fee), and I can still see my old help tickets (I had a bit of trouble verifying my driver's license with my phone), but now, I can't find the option to contact support anymore.  I couldn't find a solution in any of the help articles suggested by the chat bot, and when asking the bot for "representative," the bot tells me to post publicly on the community forum.  So I tried going to Contact Us, but it also tells me to post on the forum.  I do understand the purpose of directing users through help articles (etc) before allowing them to contact a human rep to reduce the massive strain on the human reps, but I simply cannot find the button to contact a rep anymore, even after clicking through all the suggested articles and such.  Please kindly advise -

Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Phillip,

In order for a job to be listed on your profile funds needs to be exchanged. Since you`ve tracked your time in the previous week, your client will be billed today for the time you`ve worked. Once your client is billed your profile will be updated accordingly. 
To clarify, when you`re working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the hours tracked in the previous week. 
Please allow 24 hours for your profile and hours to be updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Phillip,

In order for a job to be listed on your profile funds needs to be exchanged. Since you`ve tracked your time in the previous week, your client will be billed today for the time you`ve worked. Once your client is billed your profile will be updated accordingly. 
To clarify, when you`re working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the hours tracked in the previous week. 
Please allow 24 hours for your profile and hours to be updated. Thank you.

Thanks Goran -

Does this mean the General Profile updates first?  I did receive those stats I referred to on my general profile two days ago I believe, which was the cause of the confusion.  If the general profile simply updates first and the specialized ones take longer to update, then all will make sense.

Would you be able to answer my 2nd question also?  I've been searching (on and off) for a couple days for it - support ticket that Aleksandar referred to.  As mentioned I can still see my old tickets, I just can't find where to submit a new one.  (If I would ever need to again.)  Thanks for your time.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Phillip,

Aleksandar referred the previous freelancer who posted about this problem to their ticket which our team created. 

Your general and specialized profiles are updating at the same time. 
Please keep in mind that once funds are approved on fixed price contract they become available to you after our 5 days security period. But for hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday. To learn more about this check out this Guide.
Please allow at least 24 hours for your profile to be updated and if you`re still not seeing any updates, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Phillip,

Aleksandar referred the previous freelancer who posted about this problem to their ticket which our team created. 

Your general and specialized profiles are updating at the same time. 
Please keep in mind that once funds are approved on fixed price contract they become available to you after our 5 days security period. But for hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday. To learn more about this check out this Guide.
Please allow at least 24 hours for your profile to be updated and if you`re still not seeing any updates, let me know here. Thank you.

Hi Goran,

Problem still persists, waited 2 days to be safe.  I may delete my specialized profile and only have my general profile, so there's no room for this error to happen.  This also occurred on my very first hourly job (the other jobs were fixed price) so I'm worried that it may happen again.  I tracked my hours manually on Upwork rather than using the app, not sure if that may be the cause of the problem.

I'm uncomfortable being persistent about this, but my question about creating a ticket still has not been answered explicitly.  You mentioned that her ticket was created by Upwork, so I'll say this instead:  I have personally created my own help tickets in the past.  I can still see my old ticket.  I was having trouble using the ID-uploading/scanning feature so I created a help ticket and got direct help.  But now that my account is registered (or, now that I'm paying monthly?) I can no longer find the option to create a new help ticket, which feels backwards.  Was help/support tickets removed entirely from Upwork?  Or, is the ability to create a new help ticket removed once your account is validated (or once you're paying monthly)?  Or, am I simply blind and I'm not seeing the button, but it's definitely there somewhere?  Again, I want to stress that I understand the importance of funneling users through help articles and automated means first, to reduce the massive load on human reps, so I'm in total agreement with that.  But if it is the case that the user has gone through those help articles and their problem wasn't solved, and/or, if it is the case that their problem is related only to their own personal account (like my issue) rather than a "general help" question, then I would say that surely that user should be able to create a ticket. (Right?  Or no?)

Thank you

Hi Phillip,

I'd like to follow up on the information that Goran and Petra shared with you earlier and clarify a few things.

As Goran noted, hourly contracts are displayed on the profile only once the payment is processed. Now, the payment is processed on your hourly contract and it's showing on your General Profile. However, it's not showing on your Specialized Profile because it wasn't assigned there. You can assign it by going to your Specialized Profile, clicking the pencil icon next to the Work History here and then checking the box next to that most recent hourly contract. Once you do that, the contract and total hours will show on your Specialized Profile.

As for the support options, unfortunately, due to the volume of users on the platform, some support options aren't always available for all users. Upwork Help Center offers a variety of support options. Help articles, support bot, and Community are great places to start. We'll always be happy to assist you here. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Phillip,

I'd like to follow up on the information that Goran and Petra shared with you earlier and clarify a few things.

As Goran noted, hourly contracts are displayed on the profile only once the payment is processed. Now, the payment is processed on your hourly contract and it's showing on your General Profile. However, it's not showing on your Specialized Profile because it wasn't assigned there. You can assign it by going to your Specialized Profile, clicking the pencil icon next to the Work History here and then checking the box next to that most recent hourly contract. Once you do that, the contract and total hours will show on your Specialized Profile.

As for the support options, unfortunately, due to the volume of users on the platform, some support options aren't always available for all users. Upwork Help Center offers a variety of support options. Help articles, support bot, and Community are great places to start. We'll always be happy to assist you here. Thanks!

Firstly, thank you both for the help.  What you suggested to do was what was suggested to me before by Petra ("Edit" in work history) - however - the job I'm referring to was not available to choose/move over in "Edit" previously.  That was the source of my confusion.  The stats of the job in question were indeed showing in my General profile, but not in Specialized, nor was the job showing up in the "Edit" section of Specialized.  Now, today, though, it's showed up, so I was able to move it over.  Thank you!  It seems that a job may update onto General first, but not quite yet be available to manually move over to Specialized profiles until a few days later, or at least, that was the case for me.

"However, it's not showing on your Specialized Profile because it wasn't assigned there."

That was another part of my confusion.  That job was indeed assigned to my specialized profile originally.  See attachment -- "Graphic Design" is my specialized profile.  I'm showing this not to complain or anything, but rather to show that this might actually be a bug that could potentially be fixed (if it is a bug)

sshot.PNG

As for the support issue, I'm still not entirely understanding, because as I had mentioned - I did manually create a help ticket in the past just 2-3 weeks ago, when I needed help verifying my account.  So I'm unsure on what is meant by not available to all users.  I definitely had the ability before - now i don't.  Are the users who have help tickets available to them randomly selected, or cycled (we take turns)?  Is it based on job success/feedback?  Is it based on how long you've been a member?  Is it based on whether you pay monthly?  My guess will be that the ability to create a new ticket is available to people who have not yet verified their account, because the intent is to get them to begin using Upwork.  After they're validated, that ability is no longer available, but perhaps top-rated users see that ability restored.  If true, I don't see eye to eye about this, because I feel that help tickets are an essential feature for a paid service, but I also won't be a pain about it any longer - I'll just say that one of the reasons I was so adamant about asking is because I don't personally enjoy public community forums in general.  (Not saying that all forums are objectively bad, I just avoid them for a few reasons.)

Anyway, that has solved my issue, and I very much appreciate the help.  Thank you both for reaching out and have a great evening 🙂

Hi All

I am having the same issue. My general profile is showing the earnings that should be in my specialized profile. Please assist me in knowing what to do in the future.

Hi Mike,

I see a new job was just recently added to the Specialized profile and there can be a delay with all the information being refreshed. Still, I'll flag this to the team and also keep an eye on your profile to make sure it refreshes. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths