🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wrong hours charged to Client
Page options
burba_fabrizio
Community Member

Wrong hours charged to Client

Hello, my Client alleges that Up Work charged her double. I sent proof of my manual time sheet showing I charged the correct hours and now she asked me to contact UpWork to solve the problem for her. I also received a message from UpWork requesting a refund, to which I replied but I am not sure someone will read it. How can I contact someone at UpWork to solve the problem? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fabrizio,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Fabrizio,

In case you don't know this already, keep in mind that even if a client "allows" you to add manual time to your weekly timelog for their project the client can also refuse to accept any or all of those hours and never pay you for such hours.

Manual time is not protected in any way under Upwork's payment protection rules and Upwork will make no effort to enforce payment due to you for such work time.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062568-Upwork-Payment-Protection

If you want to try to be sure you're paid for all manual hours you book, the best you can do is only use manual time for a client you know well and trust completely.

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members