🐈
» Forums » Support » Wrong name in the certificate of earnings
Page options
a_petrovskaya
Community Member

Wrong name in the certificate of earnings

Hello,

I need show to my landlord the certificate of earnings, but for some reason my name is displayed wrong (both first and last name end with '8'). I've checked all the places where my name could have been modified in the settings, but everywhere is displayed correctly. 

45 REPLIES 45
prestonhunter
Community Member

That is an interesting error, and it is helpful of you to report this.

Upwork should indeed fix this.

As for your own needs:
Just show this to to your landlord. Don't even mention the "8."
The landlord won't care.

I have the same problem, what should I do?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Islam.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please, I have 2 concerns.

1. The name on my certificate of earning is wrogly spelt. It is supposed to be Maureen Eugene. Please I need help on that because right now, I can't withdraw.

2. My Project catalog is yet to be approved after creating a gig. 

Thank you for your message Maureen,

1. I shared your report with our team about the discrepancy between the name on your Certificate of Earnings and your verified name. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

2. Apologies for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Arjay
Upwork

OK. Thanks. PLEASE I'm waiting to hear from them cos right now, I can't even see my current balance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anastasiia,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

I have the same problem my name is displayed wrong on the certificate of earning, I solved this problem a long time ago through the Upwork community but it is showing wrong again.

Thanks

Keval G.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Keval,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
srhare
Community Member

I have the same issue. My midde name is incorrectly spelled. Instead of ROBERT it's spelled PsOBERT. And it says the same all over the report. I don't know if anyone with authority will see my comment here but I hope so, and that it can be corrected soon. 

Hi Shawn, 

I apologize for the inconvenience. I've escalated your concern to our team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Could you assign someone to help me out too, need the certificate to open my bank account

Hi Hassan,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b9e86b37
Community Member

Hey Joanne, 

Can you please escalate my issue as well? I'm having same issue, my name is not correctly displayed in the `Certificate of earnings`. Thanks much

Best,
Waqar Ahmed

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waqar,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jcornmn
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I have the same issue with my Last Name, Instead of COLINA it appears COLONA. I've already reached out earlier and I haven't heard anything. 

Thanks! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeco, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to file several tickets regarding your concern. A Customer Support Team member will reach out to you through one of your tickets to assist you with your concern. As a gentle reminder, please refrain from filing tickets for the same concern so that the team can help you more efficiently.

~ Avery
Upwork
kdgangajaliya
Community Member

I have the same problem my name is displayed wrong on the certificate of earning, I've checked all the places, but everywhere is displayed correctly, please tell me the right solution.

Hi Keval,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
john_maged
Community Member

Hello there, my name on certificate of earnings is also invalid, is shows up as "### #### #### ####", I'd like it be fixed please. Thanks.

Hi John,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
dabosin
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue with my first name on certificate of earnings being invalid, can you please help me with fixing this?

Hi Maksim,

I checked and it looks like the name is showing correctly. Could you please let me know what's incorrect there?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexander, thank you for working on that. So here's the screenshot:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It's ШКСИБД instead of МАКСИМ and I'm not sure if the name should be in cyrillic. Couldn't find anything to fix that in settings

Thanks

Hi Maksim,

Thanks for following up and clarifying the issue. The name can be in Cyrillic too, not just in Latin. For the name change, one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

In Certificate of earnings
It shows my name "Rishabh Rishabh" instead of "Rishabh Singh"
I also checked in every places but no luck
Please help me fix this issue
I remember one month ago it was all correct, wonder what goes wrong
since 3-4 days I am encoutering about 10 error messages like "we are sorry", "something goes wrong", "error" in everyplace refreshing does not help but it works fine after revisiting that webpage again
This message does not even start webpage "

Bad Message 431

reason: Request Header Fields Too Large

" I always use firefox on my PC

Hi Rishabh,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same problem here. My name is in cyrillic (because Serbia, of course) and now I can't connect to my billing method because of that.

Hi Maja,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b2738e9b
Community Member

My Certificate of earning shows my name two times? What should I do? it looks irritating

Hi Saqib,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
smitvora
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue.

Hi Smit,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sufiyan_memon
Community Member

I have also same issue, my name is Muhammad Sufiyan Memon, but on the certificate, it is mentioned as Muhammad Memon. I want my complete name on certificate

Hi Sufiyan,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
eadbaf7c
Community Member

Hi Tanya,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello i have received a notification The beneficiary name is mismatched , upon further checking i found out that the name in my certifcate of earnings is the first and last name  , however i submitted my bank account which happens to have the holder name as my first and middle name ( and i have also submitted my passport for identity verification ) , can you please assist me in solving this or modifying the ceritifcate of earnings 

Hi Mohamed,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths