🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: XXX does not currently have access to Upw...
Page options
technical-house
Community Member

XXX does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored

I want to send done files to the client but I get this message "client does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored".

I see that others had the same problem and that this's because the client's account is suspended or something like that but how to finalize the project now and get paid for done work if the client can't see my files?

Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Boris,

I checked this for you and unfortunately, you won't be able to add the Manual time until the Client enables it. Currently, our team is assisting your Client with their account issue. While we can't share any details, we'll follow with our team regarding your Client's account issue and your contract status.

We highly recommend that you log time with the Upwork Desktop App on future hourly contracts and learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle.  

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r
Community Member

Boris B wrote:

I want to send done files to the client but I get this message "client does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored".

I see that others had the same problem and that this's because the client's account is suspended or something like that

That usually means the client was more than "just" suspended... It usually means "scammer" or being suspected of being a scammer.

Were you even properly hired (do you have a contract with that client on your My Jobs Page?

If you used the platform correctly, it should not matter because you would normally get paid automatically:

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

Noureldin Y wrote:

Can I ask if this pictures was done by XMind?

You can ask and this flowchart was not done by XMind.

All right, so I'm the one who has the "bad luck" as contract was on manual hour and no hours is there yet, I was just about to type 15 hours for done work. So what do to now? Is this graphic official Upwork explanation that says that there's nothing to do now? Can I reach my client anyhow and complete the project?

So you have an hourly contract? Did you track or manually enter your time as and when you worked?

Boris B wrote:

as contract was on manual hour

There is no such thing. There are hourly contracts, fixed rate contracts, and "no contract at all" contracts.

Manual time means no protection. Has the contract been suspended? Cyan you see the contract under "All Contracts?"

Yes, we have an hourly contract. We should manually enter spent time, but the first time I wanted to enter 15 hours and send done files we were unable to do that because of this issue. These 15 hours are, btw, the whole project.

Boris B wrote:

Yes, we have an hourly contract. We should manually enter spent time, but the first time I wanted to enter 15 hours and send done files we were unable to do that because of this issue. These 15 hours are, btw, the whole project.

Manual hours are never protected at all.

They are for trusted, established clients only.
With manual time it is entirely up to the client if they pay or not.

If you can't add time, that's the end of that and in future you'll track your time so you are protected.

Okay, but he is trusted client and he'll pay it without a problem just if I can reach him.

Btw, how to reach someone from Upwork to ask definitely what are my options and can they try to reach this particular client? I can't find options anymore to open a ticket or contact some agent from the help desk... This's why I've asked the community, and btw I'm really thankful for your help.

Boris B wrote:

Okay, but he is trusted client and he'll pay it without a problem

What happens when you try to enter manual time?

Is the contract suspended?

What do you mean by  "trusted client?"

No, the contract is there. I've actually just requested approval to add the manual time which he has to approve. Probably I could do all of this smarter but I don't have so much experiences with this and I have trusted client. This means that we worked before, actually on samy type of manual hourly contract and everything was just fine.  So I wasn't even thinking that something might go wrong this time. If I could just reach him everything will be okay. 

wrote:

No, the contract is there. I've actually just requested approval to add the manual time which he has to approve.

What do you mean? Is manual time not enabled on the contract? Then how can it be a "manual hourly contract?" If the client has been removed from Upwork he can't approve manual time.

The client must have deliberately disabled manual time (as default it is enabled / approved.) That is TERRIBLY suspicious.

Boris B wrote:

Probably I could do all of this smarter

Correct.

I'll flag your post so a moderator can look into it for you

Yes, manual time is not enabled on the contract so we've sent a request to him to enable us (as we're an agency) to enter time. I didn't know that it's enabled by default so it looks suspicious to me now as well...

And an update. I just got a message from the client saying: "hey - we got hacked last night so working on cleaning that up. upwork won't let me in - I need to figure out how to do that". 

All kind of confusing, I know...

And thank you, btw, for inviting moderator. 

I'm thinking maybe manual hours are disabled by Upwork at the moment when the client's profile becomes suspended (or whatever happens to it). This makes sense to me considering last time the client was the one who entered hours, so he's not scammer as you said in first message. 

Boris B wrote:

This makes sense to me considering last time the client was the one who entered hours,

No, it wasn't. Clients can not enter hours, manual or otherwise. Ever.

Hi Boris,

I checked this for you and unfortunately, you won't be able to add the Manual time until the Client enables it. Currently, our team is assisting your Client with their account issue. While we can't share any details, we'll follow with our team regarding your Client's account issue and your contract status.

We highly recommend that you log time with the Upwork Desktop App on future hourly contracts and learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle.  

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much Bojan or (**Edited for community guidelines**) - I think you understand this. 🙂

I'll definitely read all about this. I thought that everything is clear but I was wrong obviously.

Just keep me posted. 

Hi Bojan, 

It turned out that this issue still isn't solved. 

After your intervention, all seems to be fine, the client responded and added the whole amount manually.

But soon after that I just got a notification that the whole amount is simply refunded to his account and that contract is suspended and placed on hold. 

When I drag a mouse over "SUSPENDED" sign on the contract it pops out that "Upwork is investigating an issue" (image attached) so I've waited for more than 3 weeks to see will it be fixed by itself, but it turns out that it will not...

So clearly to me, the client showed (more than once) a will to cooperate and pay us for done work. 

We've completed the project according to the procedure, but we can't be paid for done work because of some reason. 

Please help.

Boris

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Boris,

I understand your frustration with this but unfortunately, I can't share details for another user with you. I can confirm that our team has reached out to your client to assist your client in resolving the problem on their end. Once this is resolved the hold on your contract will be lifted as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

The issue with this project is still current. We've completed project 5 months ago and then you said for the first time, on October 10th that "our team is assisting your Client with their account issue". You've repeated this one month later, but now it's been 5 months and our project still has "suspended" status. 

The client has confirmed our, manually added time, but soon after that project is suspended because of the client's issue with his payment method. We had a "payment verified" sign under the client's profile and he approved our work. 

So what exactly we did wrong? 

And can we get paid finally for done work?

Looking forward,
Boris, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Boris,

I'm sorry about the situation with your contract. And while we son't be able to share all the details, I encourage you to check your support ticket number 26846236 which you'll be able to find on this page and in your email inbox. Please, note when a client fails to pay for hours billed to them, any hours that don't qualify for Hourly Protection (which includes manual hours) have to be reversed. Once the client sorts the issue out they can then issue a payment via a bonus. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths