cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XXX does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored

Boris B Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
1 of 19

I want to send done files to the client but I get this message "client does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored".

I see that others had the same problem and that this's because the client's account is suspended or something like that but how to finalize the project now and get paid for done work if the client can't see my files?

Please help.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 19

Boris B wrote:

I want to send done files to the client but I get this message "client does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored".

I see that others had the same problem and that this's because the client's account is suspended or something like that

That usually means the client was more than "just" suspended... It usually means "scammer" or being suspected of being a scammer.

Were you even properly hired (do you have a contract with that client on your My Jobs Page?

If you used the platform correctly, it should not matter because you would normally get paid automatically:

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

Community Guru
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
3 of 19

Can I ask if this pictures was done by XMind?

Marvelous.
Community Guru
4 of 19

Noureldin Y wrote:

Can I ask if this pictures was done by XMind?

You can ask and this flowchart was not done by XMind.

5 of 19

All right, so I'm the one who has the "bad luck" as contract was on manual hour and no hours is there yet, I was just about to type 15 hours for done work. So what do to now? Is this graphic official Upwork explanation that says that there's nothing to do now? Can I reach my client anyhow and complete the project?

Community Guru
6 of 19

So you have an hourly contract? Did you track or manually enter your time as and when you worked?

Boris B wrote:

as contract was on manual hour

There is no such thing. There are hourly contracts, fixed rate contracts, and "no contract at all" contracts.

Manual time means no protection. Has the contract been suspended? Cyan you see the contract under "All Contracts?"

7 of 19

Yes, we have an hourly contract. We should manually enter spent time, but the first time I wanted to enter 15 hours and send done files we were unable to do that because of this issue. These 15 hours are, btw, the whole project.

Community Guru
8 of 19

Boris B wrote:

Yes, we have an hourly contract. We should manually enter spent time, but the first time I wanted to enter 15 hours and send done files we were unable to do that because of this issue. These 15 hours are, btw, the whole project.

Manual hours are never protected at all.

They are for trusted, established clients only.
With manual time it is entirely up to the client if they pay or not.

If you can't add time, that's the end of that and in future you'll track your time so you are protected.

9 of 19

Okay, but he is trusted client and he'll pay it without a problem just if I can reach him.

Btw, how to reach someone from Upwork to ask definitely what are my options and can they try to reach this particular client? I can't find options anymore to open a ticket or contact some agent from the help desk... This's why I've asked the community, and btw I'm really thankful for your help.

Community Guru
10 of 19

Boris B wrote:

Okay, but he is trusted client and he'll pay it without a problem

What happens when you try to enter manual time?

Is the contract suspended?

What do you mean by  "trusted client?"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS