cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XXX does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 20

wrote:

No, the contract is there. I've actually just requested approval to add the manual time which he has to approve.

What do you mean? Is manual time not enabled on the contract? Then how can it be a "manual hourly contract?" If the client has been removed from Upwork he can't approve manual time.

The client must have deliberately disabled manual time (as default it is enabled / approved.) That is TERRIBLY suspicious.

Boris B wrote:

Probably I could do all of this smarter

Correct.

I'll flag your post so a moderator can look into it for you

technical-house
Boris B Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
12 of 20

Yes, manual time is not enabled on the contract so we've sent a request to him to enable us (as we're an agency) to enter time. I didn't know that it's enabled by default so it looks suspicious to me now as well...

And an update. I just got a message from the client saying: "hey - we got hacked last night so working on cleaning that up. upwork won't let me in - I need to figure out how to do that". 

All kind of confusing, I know...

technical-house
13 of 20

And thank you, btw, for inviting moderator. 

I'm thinking maybe manual hours are disabled by Upwork at the moment when the client's profile becomes suspended (or whatever happens to it). This makes sense to me considering last time the client was the one who entered hours, so he's not scammer as you said in first message. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 20

Boris B wrote:

This makes sense to me considering last time the client was the one who entered hours,

No, it wasn't. Clients can not enter hours, manual or otherwise. Ever.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
15 of 20

Hi Boris,

I checked this for you and unfortunately, you won't be able to add the Manual time until the Client enables it. Currently, our team is assisting your Client with their account issue. While we can't share any details, we'll follow with our team regarding your Client's account issue and your contract status.

We highly recommend that you log time with the Upwork Desktop App on future hourly contracts and learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle.  

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

technical-house
16 of 20

Thank you very much Bojan or (**Edited for community guidelines**) - I think you understand this. 🙂

I'll definitely read all about this. I thought that everything is clear but I was wrong obviously.

Just keep me posted. 

technical-house
17 of 20

Hi Bojan, 

It turned out that this issue still isn't solved. 

After your intervention, all seems to be fine, the client responded and added the whole amount manually.

But soon after that I just got a notification that the whole amount is simply refunded to his account and that contract is suspended and placed on hold. 

When I drag a mouse over "SUSPENDED" sign on the contract it pops out that "Upwork is investigating an issue" (image attached) so I've waited for more than 3 weeks to see will it be fixed by itself, but it turns out that it will not...

So clearly to me, the client showed (more than once) a will to cooperate and pay us for done work. 

We've completed the project according to the procedure, but we can't be paid for done work because of some reason. 

Please help.

Boris

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 20

Hi Boris,

I understand your frustration with this but unfortunately, I can't share details for another user with you. I can confirm that our team has reached out to your client to assist your client in resolving the problem on their end. Once this is resolved the hold on your contract will be lifted as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
technical-house
19 of 20

Hi Goran,

The issue with this project is still current. We've completed project 5 months ago and then you said for the first time, on October 10th that "our team is assisting your Client with their account issue". You've repeated this one month later, but now it's been 5 months and our project still has "suspended" status. 

The client has confirmed our, manually added time, but soon after that project is suspended because of the client's issue with his payment method. We had a "payment verified" sign under the client's profile and he approved our work. 

So what exactly we did wrong? 

And can we get paid finally for done work?

Looking forward,
Boris, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 20

Boris,

I'm sorry about the situation with your contract. And while we son't be able to share all the details, I encourage you to check your support ticket number 26846236 which you'll be able to find on this page and in your email inbox. Please, note when a client fails to pay for hours billed to them, any hours that don't qualify for Hourly Protection (which includes manual hours) have to be reversed. Once the client sorts the issue out they can then issue a payment via a bonus. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS