🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Year Earning goes down
Page options
d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Year Earning goes down

Hello,

I just got an email that says I am no longer a Top Rated and my total earning has also been deducted, Can somebody see to it. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Regards,
Daniel
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Daniel G wrote:

And I calculated all the work that I have done and it is more than $1000

It isn't. You need $ 1000 in the last 12 months, not overall. Some of the money you earned was earned over 12 months ago, so it no longer counts. That's why it's called "12-month earnings" and not "lifetime earnings". Nothing is displayed wrong.

Daniel G wrote:

Please look at the attached email that I received (which I have suspicion on it also and reported). I am confused why it was deducted and it says 90% JSS

There is nothing suspicious about that email. It lists the criteria you have to fulfill for top-rated status. ALL OF THEM, not just some. And yes, you have a JSS of 90% or higher, but you don't meet the 12-month earning requirement so you are not eligible for top-rated status. You must fulfill ALL the requirements, and you don't.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

You can check your 12-month earnings under your My Stats page. One of the must have qualifications for the Top Rated badge is:

• 12-month earnings of at least $1,000

Once you meet all of the requirements for becoming Top Rated, it will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan. I had the top-rated badge before by fulfilling the mentioned requirements as you mentioned, My question is if you still calculate my earnings it is more than $1000 and it's cut to less than that to take away my badge. I have been trying to get a job every day and finished my connect for which I don't get a look at proposals from clients. Now this action from Upwork is not helpful and discouraging. It's not fair.

Regards

Regards,
Daniel
tlbp
Community Member

Your earnings look back is 12 months from the current date. So if you earned a lot in January last year, but not so much in February, your 12-month earnings will reflect that fluctuation. The number will go up or down depending on the (12) months included in the calculation period. 

d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Hi Tonya,

Thanks but I don't get what the calculation period is and not getting a job. I feel like I am left out of the system you mentioned. like  ....calculation periods, Upwork algorisms.....These things are not functional in my African-based profile.

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel G wrote: Thanks but I don't get what the calculation period is

Basically, you haven't earned in excess of $1000 since March 12th, 2021. That is what "12-month earnings" means. It's what you have earned during the last 12 months. And you haven't earned $1000 during the last 12 months.

You can check this on your "My Stats" page or by manually adding up your earnings since March 12th, 2021.

I feel like I am left out of the system you mentioned. like  ....calculation periods,

Whatever do you mean?

These things are not functional in my African-based profile.

What in the world does your location have to do with it? Add up the numbers. When you do so, you can see that you no longer qualify, and wouldn't qualify even if you were based on the North Pole...

Hi Petra, as I mentioned before I had a top-rated badge given by Upwork. My status displays the wrong amount since yesterday. And I calculated all the work that I have done and it is more than $1000 and 100% JSS that is why I was awarded the badge before. I hope you understand what I meant.

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel G wrote:

And I calculated all the work that I have done and it is more than $1000

It isn't. You need $ 1000 in the last 12 months, not overall. Some of the money you earned was earned over 12 months ago, so it no longer counts. That's why it's called "12-month earnings" and not "lifetime earnings". Nothing is displayed wrong.

Daniel G wrote:

Please look at the attached email that I received (which I have suspicion on it also and reported). I am confused why it was deducted and it says 90% JSS

There is nothing suspicious about that email. It lists the criteria you have to fulfill for top-rated status. ALL OF THEM, not just some. And yes, you have a JSS of 90% or higher, but you don't meet the 12-month earning requirement so you are not eligible for top-rated status. You must fulfill ALL the requirements, and you don't.

Okay, now I get it and found out your 2018 answer in another similar post which says "Because money earned before the 5th of March no longer counts. It is a rolling window.

If you earn less this week than in the week that falls out of the 12-month window, then it decreases."

This show that "Work hard and Earn more" (which is harder than I expected)

Thank you, Petra.

Regards,
Daniel

Please look at the attached email that I received (which I have suspicion on it also and reported). I am confused why it was deducted and it says 90% JSS while I have 100%. Something fishy going on here.

If you have any idea about it, please do give me your advice. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel

You need to read this stuff carefully: you need to fulfill ALL requirements to be top-rated. Nobody said that your JSS isn't over 90%.

Your life-time earnings are all earnings on upwork. 12 month earnings are not. I hope it's clear now. 

Yes, it's clear now, Martina. Just needed to do more and I think I need to be more persistent to get more jobs.

Regards,
Daniel
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members