jmlaidlaw

Yet Another Reason for Brief Fill-In Job Flags

Here is yet another example of why we need a job flagging option that allows freelancers to fill in, with even just a VERY FEW words, a reason for flagging a job that is NOT listed in the drop-down menu. For once, I am not huffing and puffing about academic integrity.

I just received a job invitation that offers to pay in an Amazon gift card. In truth, the entire job posting looks hinky to me. Most to the point, of course: there is certainly no way that UpWork could take a cut of an Amazon gift card, right? But the nearest that I could come to flagging it is to call it "free work." My past experience, however, tells me that C.S. representatives are not always very skilled at spotting "free work" unless those terms are spelled out in absolutely unmistakable, virtually verbatim, "free work wanted" wording within job posts. I would love to point C.S. to the problem, but lack the option to do so efficiently.

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janean,

You can flag such jobs and select both options: "Asking for free work" and "Client is requesting to work outside of Upwork."

I'll also follow up with the team about this job and make sure actions are taken as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting.

~ Valeria
Upwork
yitwail

@Janean L wrote:

I just received a job invitation that offers to pay in an Amazon gift card. In truth, the entire job posting looks hinky to me. 

Next thing, you'll be telling us there's no Santa Claus. Cat Sad