Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You be the Judge

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 4

I received an invitation that had been withdrawn by the client before I reviewed it.

In the job invitation Details and Original Message from Client he states that he is trying to get extra work and build his Upwork hours, and he will pay for freelancers to get work they cannot handle for whatever reason.

I did not think much of it until I reviewed his Upwork freelancer profile. On the flip-side he has taken several jobs that appear aimed at building his Upwork JS score.

His freelancer profile shows: Work History 140 hours; worked 10 jobs (7 jobs for 1 hour each earning $5 to $10 each and NO feedback). I guess he does not realize the value of feedback.

So what is this guy up to?

Ron aka LanWanMan
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

check the withdrawn or declined reason and see if it says "inappropriate job posting" on it - in which case Upwork has already taken action.

If not report it to Support and move on.

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
3 of 4

Petra, it simply reads: "Withdrawn by Client"; however, I was not certain if it is a violation of the TOS so I PM'd a Community Mod. Unethical, yes. Violation, You be the Judge.

Ron aka LanWanMan
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the heads-up and for pm-ing me this case, I've followed up with our team and they will address the job post and client's account shortly. 

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS