🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: You can no longer message this user.
Page options
ruben-ramos
Community Member

You can no longer message this user.

Can someone please let me know how I can connect with a client (that was totally happy) with my work and now I cannot longer message them about money owed?  

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

Maybe the client blocked you.

Maybe his account is no longer active.

If you logged time while working on an hourly contract, you will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for your work.

If you have a fixed-price contract, then you submitted your work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button. You will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for your work if the client does not release payment manually.

So if you can not contact the the client now, it DOES NOT MATTER.

Greetings.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!
Where can I find this SUBMIT WORK/ REQUEST PAYMENT button?

Original message below.

Re: You can no longer message this user.

Maybe the client blocked you.

Maybe his account is no longer active.

If you logged time while working on an hourly contract, you will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for your work.

If you have a fixed-price contract, then you submitted your work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button. You will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for your work if the client does not release payment manually.

So if you can not contact the the client now, it DOES NOT MATTER.

Thank you for responding! I submitted my 30 PNGs in a zip file to the client and attached them to our conversation message thread. I did not use this - "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.  He loved the work and we were talking about how he was going to pay me. His PAYMENT METHOD VERIFIED was green checked. I have attached a screenshot. And if need be I can attached our good conversation thread. Hoping **Edited for community guidelines** is a good guy.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Ruben,

I checked this for you and it looks like you were never hired for this job. In the future, please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract. 

I've escalated this case to our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further.

You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you greatly! I will look out for one of your agents to help. I did not realize the client had to send me an offer when the price was fixed at 350.00 and his payment method verified.
At the end, he was asking me how to pay me and I asked him to connect with UPWORK.

If anything, how long will it take until I hear from an agent. 2 hours, 2 days, 2 weeks?

Seriously a serious pain in neck, But serious thank you for your response.
R

Ruben R wrote:

. Hoping **Edited for community guidelines** is a good guy.

good guy lol - a scammer who stole your work.

You need to learn how the platform works...

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

Petra R wrote:

Ruben R wrote:

. Hoping **Edited for community guidelines** is a good guy.

good guy lol - a scammer who stole your work.

You need to learn how the platform works...

Doesn't this sound strangely like another post recently with a deadline of this week for 30 logos??? I wonder if it's the same client.

Hey there. See attached. I responded and built his logos and he said they were awesome and then started asking me how to pay me?
I said he has to go through UPWORK to keep everything legit. It is not worth 350.00 to lose touch with talent. I think he also had a SCREENWRITING JOB 5 days ago. See attached again.
SERIOUSLY! People just trying to get by and do some honest work. I am keeping hope. This really is annoying and too far to find him in Eureka Cali. Only 3000 miles away. GRRR

**Edited for community guidelines**

Ruben:

Personally, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong by "learning by doing."

That is essentially what you have done.

If the client sets up a contract and pays you through Upwork, then that would be great.

But if you didn't have a contract with this client and the client never pays you, and you do not receive any money, that is really NOT IMPORTANT compared to the fact that you learned a lot through this experience.

Also: all of the work that you did BELONGS TO YOU, because you were not paid for it. You can include it in your portfolio or do whatever you want with it.

Thanks for the message! Yep another character builder. My head reeks of them…:)
I have to look into this SUBMIT THROUGH THE CONTRACT provision I failed to review…

GRRR.

Thanks P. This diagram you sent along helps!!! I'm a creative, I am enthralled by the  evolving enterprise of visual communication. Obviously not much of a reader!!! No wonder they don't let me balance a checkbook around here 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths