cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have Channel Islands in your address list

Christian T Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
1 of 8

I am trying to add the address details of my umbrella company to Upwork, but you do not have Channel Islands in your address list. This is important as Channel Islands is not subject to VAT. At this stage I am unable to proceed any further. Can you tell me what to do next?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please get in touch with Customer Support and our team will assist you with this.

Christian T Member Since: Jul 5, 2016
3 of 8

How do I get in touch wtih customer service? I have gone to the Help Center and all I see are endless threads and I cannot find a button that allows me to lodge a new request... *Sigh*

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Christian,

You can follow this link to send a help request.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Alfie L Member Since: Feb 25, 2019
5 of 8
I tried the link but this just leads back to the community questions area. How should I proceed for a Channel Islands address?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 8

Hi Alfie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
Heather R Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
7 of 8

I have just had this exact same problem- I went through a long process with customer support which involved me wasting time sending them at their request my social security details, scans of ID, bills etc only to be told that they do not support a service in The Channel Islands. I was advised to register as being in the UK and pay VAT or leave essentially. I can't think of any good reason why Upwork can't expand to include the Channel Islands (even if they do so as a collective) when there are other similarly small countries already represented.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 8

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Heather. I'll go ahead and share this as a feedback to the team so that it can be considered. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS