🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » You do not meet all the client's preferred qu...
Page options
jinyoungyu

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications You may still submit a proposal, but the

Hi, All

I am new freelancer.

I see whenever I submit a proposal following message

"You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:"

how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Our engineers have just released a fix for this issue so you shouldn't see the error message anymore provided you meet all the client's requirements. Please, let us know if you keep seeing the error.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
sivavranagaro

It says I don't meet qualification and only qualification preferred is above 90 %?

I do meet this.

What is happening?

Will system hide me from client if I apply?

@Vesna M wrote:

It says I don't meet qualification and only qualification preferred is above 90 %?

I do meet this.

What is happening?

Will system hide me from client if I apply?

That's a bug. It's been happening to a lot of people the past few days. We are told that clients will not see a flag as a result of it, so just ignore it. 

same thing is happening to me also...... 

hy asm M
i am new on upwork and completed 100% profile and also top 7 tests about virtual assistant.
But i could no get any order on upwork,
please send me reasion and solution.
my g mail id is :**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdullah,

You may need to work on your profile and improve it in order to be able to attract more professional clients. Please, revise the profile overview and make sure you use full sentences, proper grammar, punctuation and capitalize words where necessary. Also, your profile overview has to describe you as an individual freelancer and not as a team so you may want to remove first sentence from your overview. Remove links to external websites if they are broken or contain contact information.

Check out this video and this article for more tips about improving your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

How do I know someone paid me for something? I have everything set up correctly, to my understanding. Please see screenshot. I do not know whats going on.

Why is it saying I won't recieve the money I worked for?

PLEASE HELP

@Ellen W wrote:

Why is it saying I won't recieve the money I worked for?

It doesn't say anything of the sort.

You need to familiarise yourself with how the platform works and how payments are processed.

Go to your Reports Overview page. look at the info under all the question marks which explain all the different tabs. Click on the green "When will I get paid" link and read everything there.

where is my money?where is my money?

tlsanders

If there is nothing listed after "the following criteria," this is a bug and you should simply ignore it.

It's been happening to a lot (all?) of us the past several days.

codylex

I applied for a job with the clients preferred qualifications set to above 90% JSS, and mine is 100%. But when I was sending a proposal, the page was displaying that I don't meet the clients set criteria, why?

The above 90%, does it mean only those with a job success score of 90% to 99%?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I can confirm that the warning is shown due to a bug. Our engineers are working to release the fix early next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria - So when is Upwork going to change that specific requirement so that contractors who work just fixed rate jobs will have fair and EQUAL chance when submitting their proposals. Either take that requirement away or add something to the effect of ... x hours OR x jobs  instead of just x hours.

I understand that a proposal that doesn't meat the HOURLY requirement will still be submitted to a client. But what guarantee can you give that a client, when receiving a proposal from a contractor who has worked fixed rate jobs after reading a message saying, Contractor does not meet your requirement. - will open up and read that proposal.

I have the same error since to weeks ago, please tell me what to do, I am new here, and I need to aply for a new job as a Rainforestqa tester. 

Thanks in advance

Renzo

Hi Renzo,

If you see the notification that you don't meet all the client's preferred qualifications, you can check which qualifications those are under the job description. It may be the amount of total hours logged or language/location the client needs.

You can still apply for the job, but note that the client will see which preferred qualifications you don't have as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Sometime my account shows below error due to which i am unable to submit my connects. Please sort this issue out asap. will look forward to hear from you soon then 

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

• Upwork Hours: 100

Hi Izhar,

As noted in the message you shared, you're still able to submit a proposal on these jobs. The client included the minimum hours worked preference in their job post and since you don't meet this criteria, the message in question is displayed by design. Feel free to proceed with submitting your bid if you have skills, experience and time to complete the job successfully, in line with the clients' requirements.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
nandorj78

Hi,

This is not the first time this has happened in the past few days. The first time it happened I just ignored thinking it could be a temporary bug. But it just happened again.

"You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications"

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

Check the attachment to see what I'm talking about.

What is the said criteria I do not meet?

Well . . It only happens when you don't meet the requirement that Client sets for any of his/her contract. So, you need to check weather you meet all the requirements. If yes . . then there must be a problem which can be a bug as well.

So, please verify and if you think you meet all requirement and it's wrong. You can submit ticket to Upwork regarding this issue.

I hope this works.

Best,

Shan

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Our engineers have just released a fix for this issue so you shouldn't see the error message anymore provided you meet all the client's requirements. Please, let us know if you keep seeing the error.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks

that's good news.

Madam,

Today this same message again appears for me. so pleze guide me how to solve this problem.

Thanks and regards

@Sombhu S wrote:

Madam,

Today this same message again appears for me. so pleze guide me how to solve this problem.

Thanks and regards

It appears when you do not meet the preferences a client has set.  Until you do meet the preferred qualifications you will keep getting that message, but that does not stop you applying.

It might be wiser, however, if you concentrate your efforts on those job postings which have less stringent preferences set as your chances will be better if you don't happen to be one of the applicants who shows as meeting "0 out of 4 preferred qualifications".

I am recieving the "qualifications" message though I meet the client's requirements. How do I avoid this?

I meet a client's qualifications in my proposals, but sometimes a recieve a notice that states "You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications? How do I avoid this?

You can't avoid it. If you are a good fit, go ahead and bid, but add a disclaimer such as, "I may not have 100 hours on Upwork, but I have years experience in this field"  whatever the case may be.

Just don't worry about it. Sometimes clients select preferences like "must have 1,000 hours on Upwork" and then you'll get that flag if you don't have that, but a lot of times they'll hire someone who doesn't meet that criteria if the prooposal/profile look good. 

have not solved the problem yet

Hi Robin,

If you apply for a job where the client specified their preferences you may see a notification if you don't meet those preferences. For example, if a client specified that they are looking for freelancers with the Rising Talent badge or with JSS of 90% or higher, you will see that notification. This is by design.

You may need to add more information about your skills, experience and the kind of service you are able to offer clients on Upwork to stand out and build up your reputation.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I got this message for "English: Conversational", though I can speak english well.

Hi Khalid,

You haven't set up your language level on your profile. Please, do it by going to Find Work> Profile and clicking on "+" next to Languages.

Screenshot_24.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

• Upwork Hours: 100
  • how to solved it?

Hi,

I have the same experience. It seem's that every job I applied I always see an error of does not meet the createria.

@Frederick D wrote:

Hi,

I have the same experience. It seem's that every job I applied I always see an error of does not meet the createria.

You may choose to apply and hope to convince the prospective client that you can do the job or you can opt to only apply for those positions for which you do meet all the criteria.  The choice is yours. 

we are still facing the same error while i'am trying to submit the proposal,

"You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria"

can your team please let u sknow about how to fix the issue????

!!Thanks Artika!!

@Artika M wrote:

"You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria"

can your team please let u sknow about how to fix the issue????

There is nothing to fix. Just write kock-out proposals and apply anyway.

Please help me

Hi Debu,

Feel free to post your questions here and we will assist you further. We're here to help you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I face this problem "

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:"

What shoud I do? Please help me.

Hi Afsana, 

Please note that the 90% Job Success Score/ Rising Talent badge/Hours worked are default settings that clients can remove as preferences on their postings, those are preferences, not requirements. 

Freelancers who don't meet these preferences can still bid and get hired on these jobs, just make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello mam 

I got the issue by 

• English level: Conversational
  • pls help me to solve this kind of massge 
  • Thank you
Upcoming Events
Dec 13
Succeeding with Clients Talent Toolbox
Dec 21
Virtual Community Hour Community Hour