cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications You may still submit a proposal, but the

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 45

Hi All,

I can confirm that the warning is shown due to a bug. Our engineers are working to release the fix early next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
12 of 45

Valeria - So when is Upwork going to change that specific requirement so that contractors who work just fixed rate jobs will have fair and EQUAL chance when submitting their proposals. Either take that requirement away or add something to the effect of ... x hours OR x jobs  instead of just x hours.

I understand that a proposal that doesn't meat the HOURLY requirement will still be submitted to a client. But what guarantee can you give that a client, when receiving a proposal from a contractor who has worked fixed rate jobs after reading a message saying, Contractor does not meet your requirement. - will open up and read that proposal.

lonestar49
Renzo A Member Since: Sep 29, 2016
13 of 45

I have the same error since to weeks ago, please tell me what to do, I am new here, and I need to aply for a new job as a Rainforestqa tester. 

Thanks in advance

Renzo

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
14 of 45

Hi Renzo,

If you see the notification that you don't meet all the client's preferred qualifications, you can check which qualifications those are under the job description. It may be the amount of total hours logged or language/location the client needs.

You can still apply for the job, but note that the client will see which preferred qualifications you don't have as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork
incisivesoftusa
Izhar E Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
15 of 45

Hi Valeria,

Sometime my account shows below error due to which i am unable to submit my connects. Please sort this issue out asap. will look forward to hear from you soon then 

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

• Upwork Hours: 100
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 45

Hi Izhar,

As noted in the message you shared, you're still able to submit a proposal on these jobs. The client included the minimum hours worked preference in their job post and since you don't meet this criteria, the message in question is displayed by design. Feel free to proceed with submitting your bid if you have skills, experience and time to complete the job successfully, in line with the clients' requirements.

Untitled
nandorj78
Ace Contributor
Fernando S Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
17 of 45

Hi,

This is not the first time this has happened in the past few days. The first time it happened I just ignored thinking it could be a temporary bug. But it just happened again.

"You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications"

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

Check the attachment to see what I'm talking about.

What is the said criteria I do not meet?

shanmajeed54
Community Leader
Shan M Member Since: Jun 12, 2015
18 of 45

Well . . It only happens when you don't meet the requirement that Client sets for any of his/her contract. So, you need to check weather you meet all the requirements. If yes . . then there must be a problem which can be a bug as well.

So, please verify and if you think you meet all requirement and it's wrong. You can submit ticket to Upwork regarding this issue.

I hope this works.

Best,

Shan

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
BEST ANSWER
19 of 45

Hi All,

Our engineers have just released a fix for this issue so you shouldn't see the error message anymore provided you meet all the client's requirements. Please, let us know if you keep seeing the error.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

jinyoungyu
Yonggu J Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
20 of 45

Thanks

that's good news.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS