cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications You may still submit a proposal, but the

somesombhu
Sombhu S Member Since: May 28, 2016
21 of 45

Madam,

Today this same message again appears for me. so pleze guide me how to solve this problem.

Thanks and regards

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 45

@Sombhu S wrote:

Madam,

Today this same message again appears for me. so pleze guide me how to solve this problem.

Thanks and regards

It appears when you do not meet the preferences a client has set.  Until you do meet the preferred qualifications you will keep getting that message, but that does not stop you applying.

It might be wiser, however, if you concentrate your efforts on those job postings which have less stringent preferences set as your chances will be better if you don't happen to be one of the applicants who shows as meeting "0 out of 4 preferred qualifications".

jessicamonetlee
Jessica L Member Since: Aug 31, 2016
23 of 45

I am recieving the "qualifications" message though I meet the client's requirements. How do I avoid this?

jessicamonetlee
Jessica L Member Since: Aug 31, 2016
24 of 45

I meet a client's qualifications in my proposals, but sometimes a recieve a notice that states "You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications? How do I avoid this?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 45

You can't avoid it. If you are a good fit, go ahead and bid, but add a disclaimer such as, "I may not have 100 hours on Upwork, but I have years experience in this field"  whatever the case may be.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
26 of 45

Just don't worry about it. Sometimes clients select preferences like "must have 1,000 hours on Upwork" and then you'll get that flag if you don't have that, but a lot of times they'll hire someone who doesn't meet that criteria if the prooposal/profile look good. 

anujrobi
Robin P Member Since: Jan 5, 2017
27 of 45

have not solved the problem yet

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
28 of 45

Hi Robin,

If you apply for a job where the client specified their preferences you may see a notification if you don't meet those preferences. For example, if a client specified that they are looking for freelancers with the Rising Talent badge or with JSS of 90% or higher, you will see that notification. This is by design.

You may need to add more information about your skills, experience and the kind of service you are able to offer clients on Upwork to stand out and build up your reputation.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kmahrous
Khalid M Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
29 of 45

I got this message for "English: Conversational", though I can speak english well.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
30 of 45

Hi Khalid,

You haven't set up your language level on your profile. Please, do it by going to Find Work> Profile and clicking on "+" next to Languages.

Screenshot_24.png

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS