cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You froze my account?

Kelly B Member Since: Jun 24, 2017
1 of 5
I had already submitted a proposal -- my first -- which was accepted. We're in the middle of exchanging files and you froze my account! Why couldn't you have done this verification during the set up process? Like the 2 days I was waiting for the bank verification?

i won't be able to do this for another 24 hours. How is that going to look to my client??
Chris S Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
2 of 5

@Kelly B wrote:
I had already submitted a proposal -- my first -- which was accepted. We're in the middle of exchanging files and you froze my account! Why couldn't you have done this verification during the set up process? Like the 2 days I was waiting for the bank verification?

i won't be able to do this for another 24 hours. How is that going to look to my client??

Hey Kelly, if I recall correctly when you get your first job you're required to have a quick video call with an Upwork representative, just to confirm who you are, in order to avoid scammers.

As far as I recall, whilst you're not allowed to apply for any other jobs, you should still be able to log into your account and complete your current job, though you won't be able to apply for any other jobs until you've completed the verification process.

I assume the reason why they don't do it before you actually get a job is to save time, as they get so many new registrations every day.

Hope this helps.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

@Kelly B wrote:

Your client will not know anything about this, it has nothing to do with your client, does not prevent you from working with your client, so that is nothing to worry about.

Chris C Member Since: Jun 6, 2019
4 of 5

My account was frozen as well. For no reason I got one generic message and the webpage does not work to verify

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Chris, 

It looks like you were able to get in touch with the team regarding your verification. They will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS