cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You must make changes to your profile before you can apply to jobs.

Kuldeep K Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
1 of 7

Hi

I have created my account yesterday. It was showing your profile is being reviewed but today it is showing "You must make changes to your profile before you can apply to jobs". I want to know how much time it will take to activate and what changes I need to make in my profile. Please reply as soon as possibile.

Thanks.

Mostafa M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
2 of 7

it takes approximately 12 Hours.
You will find an Email Tells you Why you Have been rejected and what Things You need To change.

Considering Your Photo,Your OverView Spelling and Grammer, and Finally Your Title Make It Brief As Possible 

Community Leader
Joshua M Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
3 of 7

Heres an Upwork hack, you can get your profile review approved faster by making the changes first on your profile and then going to upwork https://support.upwork.com/home and get it approved by chatting with an upwork support agent.

Inform them of the review and the changes you've made, they will automatically check your profile.

If it fits their criteria, they'll inform you that they have approved it.

If it doesnt, they will still inform you of the changes needed and you can change it on the spot and have them review it again so you can get it approved in 1 chat session.  

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for you suggestion. However, we still suggest users follow the instructions provided to them in the notification, re-submit their profile and contact Customer Support only if they do not hear back after 12 hours.

Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 7

@Joshua M wrote:

Heres an Upwork hack, you can get your profile review approved faster by making the changes first on your profile and then going to upwork https://support.upwork.com/home and get it approved by chatting with an upwork support agent.

Inform them of the review and the changes you've made, they will automatically check your profile.

If it fits their criteria, they'll inform you that they have approved it.

If it doesnt, they will still inform you of the changes needed and you can change it on the spot and have them review it again so you can get it approved in 1 chat session.  

I don't think it's acceptable to tell people to hack the system in a way that ties up customer support for the rest of us. I'd follow Valerie's suggestions and not ruin things for the rest of usl

Community Leader
Joshua M Member Since: Nov 8, 2014
6 of 7

@Jean

I think you took the word "Upwork hack" too literal, please note that I used the word Hack as a jargon for tips/tricks. It is not meant to literally hack the system but to makes some aspect of a freelancers issues more easier or efficient. Heres the best example for the definition:  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lifehack

Btw, Upwork also suggests that we only communicate with clients through its message system and not through skype, gtalk etc.. you get my point. If it works, it works. Smiley Happy

Cairenn R Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
7 of 7

People are always misusing the term "hack". Most of what people believe to be a "hack" isn't anything of the sort. 

It was used incorrectly. Try "tip" instead of "hack" next time. Smiley Happy 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS