cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You’re close to qualifying for Top Rated status on Upwork!

mstanigar
Matthew S Member Since: Jan 1, 2019
1 of 13

I received an email from Upwork that says "You’re close to qualifying for Top Rated status on Upwork  ... Update your profile now, and you'll be awarded Top Rated status within 24 hours."  I clicked on the link to update the profile but everything is complete and has been. 

What am I supposed to do now?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

Hi Matthew,

I just checked this for you and saw that your profile is 90% completed. Taking and displaying a few skill tests along with completing other sections will allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

bookcoverdesign
Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
3 of 13

I received that same notice. But what in the world does completing my profile have to do with qualifying for "Top Rated" status? Makes no sense. What if I don't want to take any of UpWork's tests? Why would that disqualify me from achieving "Top Rated" status??? And what about that "Certifications" thing? What if I don't have any "certifications"? Does having no "certifications" mean I don't qualify for "Top Rated" status??? What does any of that have to do with the work I've accomplished. Being "Top Rated" should be about the work I've done, not about filling out some blanks on my profile. I don't get it. Can anyone explain the logic behind this? Please and thank you. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 13

Hi Gary,

In order to receive the Top Rated badge you will need to have a 100% complete profile.

If you don't have a certification you can take a couple of tests, they will be included in the progress percentage. You can refer to the guide above or the suggestions under the progress line on your profile about what is needed to complete your profile up to 100%. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bookcoverdesign
Community Leader
5 of 13

Thanks for the reply, Goran, but you didn't really answer my question. The question is what does a completed profile have to do with qualifying for "Top Rated" status? "Top Rated" status should be about the work that has been done on the jobs that I've completed and the ratings feedback I've received from my clients. It shouldn't have anything at all to do with how many blanks I've filled out on my profile. In other words, to deny the freelancer a "Top Rated" status because some blanks are not filled out on his/her profile makes no sense. Wouldn't you agree? If you disagree, please explain why. Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 13

Hi Gary,

I understand your point of view and thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team.

At the moment one of the criteria for receiving the Top Rated badge is to have a 100% completed profile. 

I can agree that there's always room to grow and make it better, that is the reason why we gather all of the feedback we receive and escalate it to the appropriate product manager. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bookcoverdesign
Community Leader
7 of 13

Thank you!

fran_tortosa
Francisco T Member Since: Nov 25, 2020
8 of 13

Hi, I received a message that says the same: "complete your profile to get the top rated badge". 
I proceed to complete a few more things, Now my profile is 100% completed but I haven't received the badge yet. 

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
9 of 13

Hi Francisco,

I checked and it does look like you meet all of the criteria to become Top Rated, congratulations!

Please allow up to 48 hours for the badge to appear on your profile.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 13

Gary Val T wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Goran, but you didn't really answer my question. The question is what does a completed profile have to do with qualifying for "Top Rated" status?

Whether it makes sense to you is not the question. It is what it is.

Simply add an item to emplyment history (Freelancer ..from - to) which will get you your 100% complete profile as it adds 10% if I am not mistaken.

"Thank you for your feedback, I'll share it with the team" means "Thank you for your feedback, I'll share it with the team, but those are the rules, nothing I can do about it and don't expect anything to change any time soon."

Just add some employment history and be done with it rather than trying to wrestle windmills or make Upwork change how they do things. That rarely happens.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS