🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: You will be asked to answer the following...
Page options
elle-jh
Community Member

You will be asked to answer the following questions...

I notice these questions have been popping up more often.

I have 2 questions of my own.

1) Is Upwork suddenly encouraging clients to ask them?

2) Who came up with this list of questions? Because for the most part they're stupid, pointless, and don't apply at all.

I get the intent behind open-ended questions but IMO these are inane. To the point where I'm now ignoring job posting's that ask them!

Maybe they make sense for some jobs. 🤔

5 REPLIES 5
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Those canned questions are UW's (futile, IMO) attempt to help inexperienced clients write better job posts. If I kept track, I'm sure I could count on one hand the number of proposals I've submitted to job posts that included them. 

I agree they've been rare to date--and typically not asked by well established clients. But in the last few weeks I'm seeing them everywhere. That's why I was wondering if Upwork was pushing clients to use them now. But I have been sending more proposals than usual over the last few weeks so maybe it just comes down to numbers.

Frankly, these questions make me question the credibility of a client since any client with a few funtioning brain cells should know better than to ask them.

yitwail
Community Member

Lezli, the questions are annoying but as long as Upwork thoughtfully provides them, some clients will take advantage of them, and I'd cut new clients some slack because they might understandably think the questions are customary. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't mean I hadn't seen them often before--I meant that when I see them, I'm more likely than not to keep walking unless there are compelling reasons not to. IME they ebb and flow like everything else. 

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunatley, like everything else, my comprehension skills ebb and flow too. 😆

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members