cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Previous Earning Visible on Your Public Profile

juneper07
June Romajeusse P Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
1 of 3

I haven't visited my public profile for a while as I haven't been accepting any new projects.

I was surprised to learn that clients and other freelancers can now see not just your previous client's feedback and rating and number of hours worked, but also your total earnings.

I think the total earnings are too personal to be shared publicly. This should only be something between you and your client. I believe that most of you would also feel this way. 

I learned that the only way to remove or hide them is to upgrade your freelancer profile to Plus. Why should we be forced to upgrade just to hide a personal information like this?

Let me know your thoughts, because I am pushing this be hide option given freely and not for Upwork to force talents to pay for it.

Thank you!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 3

The price or rate per job has always been visible, unless by 'for a while" you mean for more than a year. I joined Upwork in January of 2016 and earnings were visible then.

The addition of the aggregate earnings to the sidebar along with total hours worked is a significant benefit to those who primarily work fixed price jobs. For example, for most of my Upwork career, my hours stood at 2...however, I'd earned more than $25,000 on fixed price jobs. The addition of the $20,000+ to my sidebar underneath the misleading 2 hour figure made an immediate difference in the number and quality of invitations I received.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi June Romajeusse,

Please check the announcement Lena posted mid-December and check the information we shared in our replies on the thread. I understand your standpoint regarding this update and do see you're already aware about the option freelancer have to hide this information.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS