🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your account has been suspended. Please conta...
Page options
amikhalev
Community Member

Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.

Hi there!

I was registered on Upwork last month. Two weeks later, I found a client and did the job successfully, The day before yesterday Upwork asked me to confirm my profile using a photo of passport and video verification, which I did the same day. I was given the icon that I was verified in my Upwork profile, but yesterday I received an email that Upwork placed a temporary hold on my account because Upwork have noticed some irregular activity in my account. I do not understand what could happened. I did not use a VPN, I did not break any rules, I just looked for clients, added projects to my profile and did the work.

No one answered my question in the support although more than 24 hours have passed.

Please, help me, I don't know why I was suspended and how to get my profile back to work.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Andrei

13 REPLIES 13
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrei, 

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case so that they can follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
amikhalev
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Happy to hear that!

Thank you for your reply and for your help. I really hope that everything will be ok.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Andrei

amikhalev
Community Member

The support service contacted me and I provided the necessary information and now I am waiting for an answer.
Once again I want to say thank you Avery for your help!

Best regards

Andrei

amikhalev
Community Member

So yesterday I've got the email that says my identification has been reviewed and accepted. Thank you so much for the speed by the way!

But I'm still seeing a warning message at the top of the Upwork page that says "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.".

Is this warning message will disappear in the future or is there something else I need to do? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your reply! 

The support answered me and I provided the necessary information.

Thanks again!

Have a great day!

Best regards

Andrei

Please help me again. It feels like I’m being ignored in the support service. 😞

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

I can assure you that you are not being ignored and that, depending on the ticket's complexity it may take up to 72 hours to get an update. I followed up with the team handling your case and they will update you in a timely manner. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

You are my savior! Thank you very much!

Best regards

Andrei

Hi Alexandar!

I am new on Upwork. After confirming my profile using a photo of driving's license and video verification I was given the icon that I was verified in my Upwork profile, but yesterday my account was suspended. I do not understand what happened. How can I solve the problem and get my profile back to work?

Please, help me.

Best regards
Dmitry

Hi Dmitry,

I can see that you`ve already followed up on your ticket with number 29082791. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

How much time, approximately, will it take to update my ticket? Thank you.

Hi Dmitry,

Our team will assist you further as soon as possible. Feel free to follow up on your ticket with any additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members