🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your billing system is taking money from ...
Page options
globeintro
Community Member

Your billing system is taking money from paypal and my earnings! for the same connects!

YOU ARE TAKING ONEY TWICE FROM ME and dont even have a support email system just keep getting the run around

7 REPLIES 7
joansands
Community Member

Andy - Is Upwork taking a fee from your earnings and also charging you on PayPal for you purchasing connects?

Hi it certainly looks like it

Andy - that is normal billing. You pay a fee of 20% for any client up to $500 earned. After that, for that client it is 10%. In addition, you pay for connects as connects are not free.

With respect i am fully aware of that but i dont expect to pay twice for the connects once through paypal AND reducing my balance. Its very annoying that upwork have hidden their customer service emails and reply on others to answer their questions

Andy - Are you saying you think you paid twice for the connects you purchased? If you have a balance due in your account, and you purchase connects, Upwork will automatically pay for the connects from your balance - but they would not also charge for the connects to PayPal. I wonder if you are confusing the 20% fee that is taken from your contract payment with the purchase of connects. As for Upwork Customer Service, there are millions of freelancers and clients on Upwork - we would pay a lot more than 20% on jobs if Upwork had to hire thousands of people to reply to emails. At least, that is my understanding.

i understand that but i can see all the charges and VAT charges too.

I suggest they look into their poor support system after all they charge the freelancer most of the monies so a little support would go a long way.

Well, Andy, I am having trouble understanding your complaint. Do you think you have paid twice for connects? Have you checked the transaction history for your account?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members