🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your contract is on hold. Possible reason? Wh...
Page options
nawazish-hassan
Community Member

Your contract is on hold. Possible reason? When it will be active again?

Hi,

So first time since joining Upwork, one of my contract is on hold. When I goto my jobs, I can see "suspended" under job title. All the work for this project is going fine. No issues with client etc. 

I would like to know the possible reasons for this, also when it will be active again so I can start to work since it's daily hourly work.

5 REPLIES 5
2a05aa63
Community Member

You have to ask your client to fix it. Don't work until it is or you won't get paid.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nawazish,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. For more information, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your response. 

So I should I ask my client to fix it? or wait for Upwork to get it fixed?

Nawazish H wrote:

Thank you for your response. 

Ask the client to fix it with upwork. The client did or didn't do something and therefore the contract is on hold.

Nawazish H wrote:

The client knows... When this happens on a Friday, it usually means that the client failed to pay for the previous week's hours. The problem would be resolved the minute they pay up.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members