cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your contract with "the client" was temporarily suspended.

mahum6
Ace Contributor
Mahum S Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
1 of 5

Your contract with "the client" was temporarily suspended. What does this mean? I have done the work and sent it to the client by messaging and escrow milestones method. But client didn't approve the milestones. And now I recieved this notification. Will I recieve the payment? & Will it be counted as a job on my profile?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Mahum,

You're probably referring to the contract you ended earlier today and approved the return of Escrow funds for the third Milestone to your client. Since the contract is closed and Escrow refunded, there's no way for you to get paid for the last Milestone. 

Your client's account was placed on a temporary hold for a different reason and the Milestone funds were not affected by it.

Untitled

View solution in original post

mahum6
Ace Contributor
Mahum S Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
3 of 5

Yes I am. I was waiting for the response, but thought it was safe to end contract, because I was having problems with this client. The client is responding to me since I have sent him the work..

Can I know the reason why it was suspended so that this never happens again? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@Mahum S wrote:

Can I know the reason why it was suspended so that this never happens again? 

Upwork will not usually share the reason for the client's issues with freelancers or vice versa for privacy reasons.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Mahum,

I can confirm the reason wasn't related to your actions nor your contract. Making sure you're meeting all the requirements for Hourly Payment Protection is all you need to look out for when working on Hourly contracts.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS