Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your favorite weapons of choice

Highlighted
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
41 of 58

@Pandora

It's not my fault they can't sing to the point that a drunken moose driving my brand new car sounds better!! Smiley LOL

@ anyone else still reading this....

Anyone manage to try out AppMethod ? I'd love to get a shot at that thing !! The main parts I'm wondering are how far do I have to go (extra installs) to get it's cross platform deployment capabilities working? That, and what would it need for emulators?

I ask here in hopes of getting answers from anyone that may be using it currently or has used it previously rather than "advertisement" info normally found on their site. And I also find this topic very interesting and would like to see it continue.

As someone with a heavy Pascal background, it certainly captures my attention awfully quick !!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
42 of 58
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
43 of 58

Natasha, you put me up to Jing. I checked it out after seeing you use it so often and it's sooo convenient. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
44 of 58

Well this week I learned I need to get on board with Slack, this should be interesting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
45 of 58

Pandora,

Slack is really simple to use and they even have a desktop version. It has some great search features. And it is easy to use for chat.

Highlighted
Community Guru
46 of 58

@Suzanne N wrote:

Pandora,

Slack is really simple to use and they even have a desktop version. It has some great search features. And it is easy to use for chat.

Well as of Friday, I'm more or less up to speed with Slack. I downloaded the Desktop version, but not sure I want to use it. My newest client is the only one using Slack, and his team is small. If more of my client's used it, it might be worth it, but not yet.

Having said this, as a communication tool specifically for teams, I think it's way cool.

Highlighted
Community Guru
47 of 58

Just out of curiosity.....

Anyone else in here making money playing the bigger online games ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
48 of 58

@Santiago G wrote:

Just out of curiosity.....

Anyone else in here making money playing the bigger online games ?

Hahaha gawd no. I haven't even had time to play the 1 single MMO that is my "chill out and wack monster" source of game entertainment. My guild misses me, heh.

In my experiance, making money is games is a serious time sink. I can't work full time and do that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
49 of 58

@ Pandora

Ok....... did you try not working full time ?!! hahahaha  JK

It's only a serious time sink depending on the game and what you learned of it before playing. I know many that can repeatedly reach level caps in a week or less and they do have full time jobs!! Sure enough, I also know many more that play AS their regular full time job. They ended up making more. I met some that are heavy texters and more and they haven't paid for their cell phone load in years. That's the beginners!! Then others that have all their bills paid, don't miss meals, and still take time to go buy all kinds of "toys" for themselves and their kids. That's the "addicts"!!

But currently it seems the one at the top of the list is the girl that got reported for making over $1million playing Second Life.... or some game like that (don't quote me on the names!!). That's certainly THE stunt to beat from what all I have seen!!

Anyways, it's nice to see that there are gamers (bigger online games) roaming around here!! If your guild misses you, just tell them wait longer.... they'll be fine!! Smiley Very Happy  Yeah right.... next thing you know, they disbaned because you NEGLECTED them !! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Back on topic!!

Another "weapon of choice" .................

Bluestacks...... Pretty nice for Android gaming and app/game testing. Turned out to be faster than other emulators (Andriod ADM for example) IF you can get it to work properly. It can get heavy on the system resources but does the job prettk well.

Highlighted
Community Guru
50 of 58

@Santiago G wrote:

Anyways, it's nice to see that there are gamers (bigger online games) roaming around here!! If your guild misses you, just tell them wait longer.... they'll be fine!! Smiley Very Happy  Yeah right.... next thing you know, they disbaned because you NEGLECTED them !! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Naw, I let the guild leader know what's up once or twice a week. We are one big family and so on....

That's the nice thing about about playing only one game. And as a result, my clients don't miss me either...LOL.

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned Trello yet, but I'd give it a thumbs up now. At least, if your looking for a really simplified Kanban tool. In that context it's quite nice. Not exacly your average Project Management web tool, but if your team is small and you don't need client management functions, it's nice.

I've really cut my work cut out for me right now. I'm learning Trello for a new client, learning Axosoft ($$ Scrum/Kanban big team management) for another client, and building out Asana (basic project management, no client management functions) for yet another client.

Oh and something I've learned recently: If a project management web based tool says it FULLY integrates with Github, take that with a LARGE grain of salt, and don't assume it's true.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS