Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your favorite weapons of choice

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 58

@John T wrote:

Another Notepad++ fan here. An endlessly useful tool.

Someone port it to mac, please. In its absence I use Komodo edit, which gets the job done. 

12 of 58

Yep, another Notepad++ fan here too!

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
13 of 58

I use only Gmail Notifier.

Edit: I downloaded Notepad ++ on Monday. Tried to learn web development. HTML tags appear much better than before.

Edit #2: Oh, yes. Skype and Google Drive, too.

14 of 58

@Isabelle - sometimes less is more! I forgot to mention that I am an avid user of Google Apps as well

@Pandora - I've been looking for a good screen recorder, I'll check out Screencast O matic!

@Garnor - I am a big fan of paper and take all my call notes by hand because I find it rude to be typing while someone is speaking. I then cover my notes in doodles, and whatever remained readable are my main call take aways. Weird process that works surprisingly well!

@Lena - good call on Remember the Milk! I've been using it extensively and then somehow forgot all about it.

@Suzanne - yes!

@Vesna - is the Gmail notifier still around? The tool told me it was being discontinued. I might check out Thunderbird because I have too many email accounts for work

Thanks to all that contributed. Please keep them coming!

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
15 of 58

@Krisztina U wrote:

@Pandora - I've been looking for a good screen recorder, I'll check out Screencast O matic!

It can be a little tricky to get working, but it's pretty great for making desktop training videos. Much cleaner results then Camtasia. I use it to record GoToMeeting  and other sorts of webinars too. Not all apps out there can do that, and thats what I got Screencast for orginally.

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
16 of 58

Krisztina, Re.: your mention of "paper." For digital notes, what about Microsoft OneNote for MS Office users?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
17 of 58

@Ronald T wrote:

Krisztina, Re.: your mention of "paper." For digital notes, what about Microsoft OneNote for MS Office users?

I love technology but I am terrible at taking notes on my computer. I have OneNote, but can't say I ever got into it. I tried to get into a few times, mainly because the oDesk tracker keeps going on idle on calls where I take paper notes, or shows very low activity in my work diary, but I'll just have to live it. I find it very disruptive to hear someone typing while I am speaking, and I use a form of shorthand (that consists of abbreviations, doodling and a lot of arrows), that allows me to take notes much faster than a keyboard would (and I am a fairly fast typer).

Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
18 of 58

Lets see, frequently used tools....

Air conditioner to prevent PC / laptop BBQ'ing because it's hot enough here to make the sun say "ouch.... hey, cool it".

Ran Online PH server. Rage.

Other Ran Online private servers.

Helix Cabal and other Cabal private servers and the official Cabal PH server.

Dragon Nest SEA

DOTA 2

Clash of Clans

^Yes, I know those are games. Sure enough, there's multiple ways for all of them to put some coin in the pocket. So a job it is!! Some make a nice living from even one of those games alone. No, it's not the developer(s), handlers / publisher(s)!! They do as well, but the players do it too!!

Android tablet and 2 Android phones. Games, various testing, and a very fancy calculator.

Screen recording.....CamStudio. Nice for making video tutorials once you get it working properly!!

Media..... Klite Codec Mega pack + Real Alternative. Winamp. Youtube.... and whatever else comes in handy.

Various graphics applications. I can't draw too well but I can still swing enough to get by and get things done!!

Notepad. It's surprising how something as simple as Notepad can still get the job done!!

VB6 and other IDEs. Some older stuff, some newer stuff, but they all work.

Oh yeah..... the usual email stuff, word processors, a dropbox, skype, and document + other file converters.

^This is the short list just to be quick about it.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
19 of 58

@Santiago G wrote:

Winamp. 

Winamp, it really kicks the llama's a$$! I use that too and forgot to list it. Smiley Happy For the rest of your list, wow, sounds like a lot of machinery! Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
20 of 58

@Krisztina U wrote:
Winamp, it really kicks the llama's a$$! I use that too and forgot to list it. Smiley Happy For the rest of your list, wow, sounds like a lot of machinery! Smiley Happy 

LOL. I use Winamp to, though I don't always have time to listen these days. Plus, I have a Rainmeter widget that shows me whats playing, so that I don't have to maximize Winamp. I've never really ever used any other mp3 player app. And of course, I got a nice clean skin for it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS