Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment can be reversed even after project is closed by 5 star feedback

freddiedfre
Fredrick M Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
31 of 49
Took me by surprise too. Received no notification at all. The time was
properly logged with the desktop app. I also delivered the clients task.
Support have informed me that they are looking into it, so am waiting for
feedback on what they find out.
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
32 of 49

Hi Fredrick,

I`m sorry to hear about your experience. I see that you have already communicated with our support team via this support ticket. Please allow time for our team to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details. Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
freddiedfre
33 of 49
Thanks, will be patient.
freddiedfre
34 of 49

Hi, been almost 2 days now and I still have no updates on your findings.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
35 of 49

Hi Fredrick,

I`ve escalated your concern to the team that is handling your case and one of our team members will assist you on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
freddiedfre
36 of 49

Just got feedback and its not helpful at all. I am being told to request the client to make payment. Unfortunately am no longer in talks with the client, and he already expressed intention of not holding up his end by reversing the payment.

At this point I'm left to wonder what the point of hourly protection is when a client can reverse payments whenever they feel like and freelancer gets no notification at all.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
37 of 49

Fredrick M wrote:

At this point I'm left to wonder what the point of hourly protection is when a client can reverse payments whenever they feel like and freelancer gets no notification at all.

Generally you are protected if your logged hours fully comply with the terms of the protection. That means tracked time, AND meaningful memos, AND adequate activity levels AND only work related screenshots.

freddiedfre
38 of 49

All that is in place. At start of contract the client's payment method was verified, it still was last i checked a day ago. I logged time properly using the desktop app, memo's were descriptive of what I was working on. I finished the task on time and delivered. I noticed funds that were supposed to be in review were missing and opened a ticket. Its taken days and this is the response I received today.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
39 of 49

That message makes it sound like an escrow job. This was hourly and not something like escrow and you used tracker?

freddiedfre
40 of 49
It was an hourly job..
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS