Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment can be reversed even after project is closed by 5 star feedback

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
41 of 49

Weird. Wonder if it was a stolen credit card.

freddiedfre
Fredrick M Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
42 of 49

If thats the case I really fail to see why upwork should penalize a freelancer for that.  Also the lack of notifications when such changes happen to an accounts deeply bothers me. They let allowed the client on the platform and should take responsibility in case someting goes wrong. At least that is my expectation from the phrase "hourly protection". Btw been on upwork for 7 years and this the first time experience this type of situation.

lysis10
Community Guru
43 of 49

Yeah, it's weird for sure. I've had them make financial mistakes on my end, but in this case it seems that it wasn't a mistake. They have something like "payment protection except in cases of fraud" sort of terminology, so there is a gotcha in those terms.

Very frustrating. Seems like this is a rare case of freelancer doing things right and still got burned.

freddiedfre
44 of 49

Another intersting thing is I just checked the clients profile, and it shows the payment method to be verified.

I am almost giving up on this case though. Might just resort to doing less work on the platform, especially for new clients.

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
45 of 49

Hi Fredrick,

this is very alarming - if I understand correctly -  you did everything by the book and there's no payment protection?
Can anyone from Upwork please confirm that?

freddiedfre
46 of 49
Yes that's the case so far. I am still waiting for upwork support to offer
additional assistance, but at the moment I am considering it a loss.
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
47 of 49

Hi Fredrick,

We checked with the team that was reviewing your case earlier today. They confirmed that Payment Protection applies in your case and your payment will be processed shortly. Your ticket will also be updated with more details.

~ Avery
Upwork
freddiedfre
48 of 49

Thank you, I have finally received the amount. Though am still a little dissapointed that a reversal can happen without a freelancer getting any notifications.

lysis10
Community Guru
49 of 49

Yay this is good to hear!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS