🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: "Payment was declined" through Visa debit...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hello! I can't buy a connection with my credit card. Can you help me?

Hi Isaac,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there,

my card is active and I'm using it on multiple other platforms and it is working well but when I use it on upwork it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

It is been a month I'm facing this problem please someone help me with that. 

Hi Hajra,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I want to update my membership plan and I am trying to add a visa card as a billing method. I saw the following error: "We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." I contact with my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well. Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Habiba,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi I tried to buy connects through my VISA debit card but when I do it says your payment cannot be processed. Please check what's the issue I also have balance in my card if thats the case. I need the connects urjently. 

hello, i am hussain **Edited for Community Guidelines** i want to buy connects but my payment is declined two time, plz resolve my issue i want continue my work. Thanks

Hi Hussain,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Please my payment method has a different first name with my upwork account. Is this why I can’t buy connects?

Hi Enyinna,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Okay. Lots of thanks.

Hello,

I   am not able to buy connects. Once I clieck the "buy connects" option, it is showinf me the following message "Payment could not be processed.Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later. I tried everything i.e.  deleted caches, history etc but still I am getting this message. Kindly provide your feedback and solution.Attaching screenshot for your reference.

Hi Danish,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am also having the same issue there is money in my account but it is saying your payment could not be processed please try an alternate method. 

Hi Vivek,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, i am facing this choose an alternate method issue too, please help me out I need to buy connects.

I have the same issue i have an active method witch is paypal and i have money in my account and every time i try to withdraw the money it gets failed

Hi Fady,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

i face the same problem and i try to talk to any one in upwork thats so difficult

Hi Mohamed,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. I also checked your account and I can see that you`ve already created a ticket. Rest assured, our team will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
msa4462
Community Member

whenever i try to add billing method its added but when i go to upgrade my membership it shows the following error again and again.

Error statement "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I called bank, they said Its all good from our side.

Is there any solution ?

Kindly help me out

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Sufyan, 

I'm checking this with the team, but I also wanted to confirm if you were trying to add a credit card for your billing method? 

~ Avery
Upwork
wzaman76
Community Member

Hello,

whenever I try to add billing method its added but when I am going to buy connect, it shows the following error again and again. Error statement "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." I called the bank, they said Its all good from our side. Is there any solution? Kindly help me out

Hi Wahiduzzaman,

One of our team members will reach out to via support ticket and assist you directly. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have been trying to buy connects from my primary debit card. But the error shows up. Kindly help me out.

Regards, Nitish.

Hi Nitish,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ikashifbukhari
Community Member

Hello,

I want to add my Billing method through Visa.. but I get payment was declined message. Why? I updated it 3 times it deducted my money but didn't work for me. I am stuck, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Kashif B.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kashif.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

and May I ask when is that? Because I need to buy connects. I am out of it.

Thanks.

Hi Kashif,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
294e3c13
Community Member

I have the same problem what should I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ehsan,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and gladly assist you with this concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
294e3c13
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.The billing fee deducted from my account and billing method didnt add.

snajn66
Community Member

I have the same issue I can't upgrade to feelancer Plus I am getting same message "Payment was declined. Update now"

I verified with my bank and didn't found any issue.

Please assist.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Najamuddin,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried much time but every time I got "payment was declined ". Can you please resolve my issue ASAP.

Hi Snehal,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,
i have tried VISA CARD as well as MASTER CARD, but all in vain.
Deducted my money twice but respond me that payment declined.
i am in rush to buy membership plan.
kindly reply and take necessary actions.

Thanks and Regards.
NAbeel

Hi Nabeel Yousaf,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. You can also add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths