🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: connect purchase issue
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Viswanathan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
foxaisr
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Foxaisr,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm also facing the same issue. Help me to solve.

Hi R A,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sharmavinit20
Community Member

When i am trying to add my billing method it says" Our records indicate that the payment method entered is already associated with the maximum number of accounts. Please add a different payment method". Although i don't have any other account. Please help.

Hi Vinit,

Could you please check this with your bank. Afterwards, please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cameafranklin
Community Member

This will be my first time entering information and I am unable to enter a billing method because the screen will not load to enter it. It keeps circling. I am using the desktop computer. The pop up comes up but does not fully load the screen. Is there any other way to enter the information so that I can start submitting proposals?

Hi Camea,

I checked this for you from our end and was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing.

Please try to clear your cache and cookies and also try using another browser. Let us know if the issue persists and if you're seeing an error message send us some screenshots and we will be happy to help you further!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I joined Upwork a few days ago and have tried several times to add more Connects. Each time, after inputting my credit card info, a white box pops up and nothing else. I have cleared cache and cookies, tried using both Google Chrome and MS Edge as well as different credit cards. Unsure what else I can do on my end. Thank you.

Hi Lisa, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Camea,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a_lohtia
Community Member

I have verified PayPal account but when I'm trying to add it billing method it takes me to PayPal page to add card details after adding that when I click add button page didn't load and remain on same page

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahsaas,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Additionally: Please refer to this help article on PayPal's site for more information on how to verify your PayPal account. Feel free to reach out to PayPal support team if you need any assistance as well.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mackie_melissa
Community Member

I am unable to purchase connects, after entering my payment method, I get a white screen (see below). 

whitescreen.png

Hi Melissa,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to see the billing methods available to you here? To learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing connects please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
nehakamboj2506
Community Member

hi I am new to this portal and system is not allowing me to purchase connects. I have debit card which is not being accepted and credit card borrow from friend is also not getting accepted. message "Your payment was declined" Please help in this matter

Thank you for reaching out to us, Neha.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your billing method concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
realprince
Community Member

Hello guys,

I read few articles and noted that i can't not add payoneer as billing method. But the problem is: without upgrade to freelancer membership plus packages, i can't allow to apply any jobs due to insufficient connects. That means, no bids, no connects, no works 😞

i have no credit card (not possible because of sudent), paypal doesn't support in our country, and no option lefts to purchase this package. Zero balance in my upwork account. Only i have payoneer card. 

Guys, how can i solve this issue? Otherwise i've to say: good bye upwork !

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Parvez.

Payoneer card can be used for purchasing connects. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying connects please read this help article. To see the options available to you, click here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
abby_gail-royo
Community Member

Hi I was trying to buy connects. But its not going through. I know that I still have balance on my account. It doesn't show any Error message. Its just not pushing though. Please help me. Attached is a screenshot of my webpage in upwork.

Hi Abby, 

Could you please try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? Let us know if it does and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am unable to buy connects with my master card, they kept showing a try alternative method to buy also showing the same error with Paypal.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

Hi Vandana,

I checked and it looks like the transaction is being declined. I suggest that you check with your bank for more information on why that is happening as they should be able to help you out. Regarding PayPal, please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. In the meantime, you can check this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
imtallha
Community Member

I have added Billing Method to buy connects, but i am unable to buy connects because every time it says "Payment was declined". I am using VISA Debit Card. As i have searched i have found that may be my VISA card may need to be verified by Upwork, but i am unable to find any way to Verify it too. I need help on this issue,

Thankyou

Hi Talha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! 

My payment was declined using my mastercard. Can you tell me what is wrong, is it my card? Thank you!

Hi Gerose,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My payment was also declined using my mastercard. Can you tell me what is wrong, is it my card? Thank you!

Hi Tricia, 

I can confirm that your bank declined this transaction. Please reach out directly to your bank account for more information about this transaction. 

In the meantime, you can add another billing method so that you can purchase Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

My payment was also declined using my mastercard.

Hi Mary-Vick,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. You can also check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I am facing the same issue. Everytime it says that my payment could not be processed and it is declined.

Hi Ali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same issue. It says that my payment could not be processed and it is declined.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asma,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
51f381f6
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

My payment thru Mastercard is declined as well.  Can someone please assist me?  thank you.

Hi Jenny and Sidra,

Our team will reach out to you both via ticket and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello

I am facing same problem from last 3 days and no one has contacted me via ticket.
I got notification to enter my country's ID, which I did. I then received message to wait 1 business day. today is 3rd business day and i haven't received any reply.

One thing more
My debit card is on my name, but the name of upwork account is different. Upwork account name is "EDAANS" which is company name which i started a month ago.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths