🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't open a new ticket (request)
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Nermeen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am a verified user and I am having this issue "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later" while buying connects . I used different browsers, cleared cache and other things mentioned but also the same is happening. I tried using different card methods and also the same problem persist. I went to the bank to check if there is any fault but they said there is nothing wrong in here. I also tried paypal also but then the problem is existing. Please do find a solution for it as I am depended on this online job. 

"

Hi Saji,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your payment method. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
obascorp
Community Member

I have tried countless times to purchase connect/membership plus but every time I enter my card details and click on purchase it just goes blank. Please how do I rectify this.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erhabor,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue. After adding card details shows this screen.

upwork pconnects problem.PNG

Hi Hanzlah,

Could you please clear your cache and cookie or try a different browser? If you are still not seeing the options to add a billing method after trying out these troubleshooting steps, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later" 

I have tried 20 times but I got the everytime same message.

I have tried both with the Visa card and the PayPal option but both are not working 

I have tried PayPal also but the same thing. Still, Upwork payment methods showing me the same message.

Hi Anthony,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
designjamir
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community,

Hope you're well. I have faced a big problem. I want to change the membership plan. I have only Payooner account card. When I am put Payooner card number, it's not active. Please see the attachment. What can I do now? please help me. 

Thanks

Jamir

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jamir Uddin.

You should be able to add your Payoneer card as the billing method on your Upwork account. Please double check your card status with the Payoneer. Additionally, try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying but problem not solved yet. please help

Jamir Uddin,

As Bojan suggested, could you please check with Payoneer support on the status of your card? If they confirm your card is ready to be used, let us know.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
eppd
Community Member

cant buy connects with credit card after entering card info page stays blank?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George, 

The Customer Support Team is currently looking into this, and will reach out to you directly to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
sumeetrana
Community Member

I am having the same problem whenever I try to buy some connects it says PayPal charge fails please help me

Hi Sumeet,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

nobody reaches out to me for my problem please tell me solution about this

Hi Sumeet,

I checked and see that our support sent you a message yesterday. Could you please check your email inbox for an email titled "Assistance in purchasing connects using Paypal."

~ Valeria
Upwork
openeyecreatives
Community Member

Hi,

I am needing someone who can help as it seems there is no other way to get customer service or support through UpWork.

I am attempting to purchase more connects and it will not let me.  

I add payment method, add amount I would like to purchase but it never finalizes the payment and they never get added to my account. I have tried logging out and in, different payment methods - nothing works. 

I NEED help!  Someone! Anyone!

Blessings,

Sammy Jo

Hi Samantha,

I was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
frontit
Community Member

Hi, we are facing the same problem with payments. I tried to make a payment from MasterCard, but its showing unable to authorize your card. And adding a new card, inputs don't recognize the info.
Could you please help us with this issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Austeja,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your concern. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
eocahilig
Community Member

Having the same problem too, I was able to buy connects just yesterday and now it can't.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Earl Oliver,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_miranda_leao_b
Community Member

Hi

I want to verify my credit card but there is no option.

What should I do?

Hi Diogenes,

Looks like you card was successfully verified. Please let us know if you experience any issues with using it.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kumarvikram83
Community Member

I can not add paypal, can not add any bank account , can not add debit card, upwork is not accepting any payment method. I can not understand why they forcing us to use credit card ??
Also there is no help im getting. Hope Upwork support will wake up 

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that our team is already assisting you on your open ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

yea, they saying it's an paypal issue and paypal saying it's an upwork issue. i even can not add debit card to my account. Is that also paypal issue ?

Hi Vikram,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and address your concern directly via your existing support ticket!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cagri_s
Community Member

Hello,

I try buy connects but i get this error;

''Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later''
Can you help me please ?
Best Regards.

Hi Çağrı,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aberkane96
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing a serious problem, I can not add my paypal as a Method payment to buy connects or make a payment, any help please?

Hear from you soon,

Best,

F

Hi F A,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e-leong
Community Member

I just joined Upwork last month and used up all my connects.

I've tried several times to pay for more connects but for some reason it won't accept my information.  I just get a blank Billing box and I still have 0 connects.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ernest,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ali_dobbins
Community Member

Hi,
I've attached UBL MasterCard as a payment gatway but upwork receiving a decline code from the bank "Transaction not permitted to issuer/cardholder". In such cases the card owner needs to contact their bank to find out why the transaction is being declined.

UBL customer support says your card session is activated and okay but state bank of pakistan do not allow few sites for online transactions.

Please I would like to confirm the alternate payment method to buy connects.

Thank you!

Hi Shahid,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

i,m am faceing same issue plz help me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths