🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment could not be processed. Plea...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
khanzada01
Community Member

Not able to add or verify a single/multiple billing methods.

Hi Saleem,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sunita_d
Community Member

Hi,

Last time, I have added my Debit Card - Visa card as Billing Metod but Giving error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Now I have updated my Debit Card to Master Global card but still giving the same error and same error given while adding my Paypal Account.

Please help me to update my billing using Debit Card.

Thanks & Regards

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sunita,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the trouble with updating your billing method. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ranjeetsinghsap
Community Member

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ranjeet, 

Could you please confirm the billing method you were trying to add to upgrade your membership plan to Freelancer Plus?

~ Avery
Upwork

payment method is allready setuped in my account

Hi Ranjeet,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mishranishi
Community Member

I have tried lot's of time to buy connects but unable to buy. I have used both ways PayPal and debit card. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Hi Pragati,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with adding your billing method.

~ Bojan
Upwork
piera_ardessi
Community Member

I don't have a credit card and and it's impossible to buy connections!Even through PayPal they ask for a credit card!

Hi Piera,

You can use a balance on Upwork account to buy Connects. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
akariithi
Community Member

Am having trouble buying connects. Kindly assist.

Hi Alice,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran. Patiently waiting.

mishranishi
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects. There is no problem with bank side. I have tried both PayPal and Debit card way.

Can anyone help?

Hi Nishi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bitukakkar
Community Member

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alvarado_samuel
Community Member

Hi,

Ive been trying for days to upgrade to Freenlance Plus, but the payment with PayPal wont go through, I have money in my bank account, so I dont understand the problem. I need help!

Hi Samuel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abbasraheel64
Community Member

Sir, facing the same issue. Bank says my debit card is clear for online payments but Upwork says payment is declined. How to resolve the issue?

Hi Abbas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vishal5694
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects it says Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. can you tell me how to buy connects?

Hi Vishal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
khurramaman
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

kindly help, using visa card

Hi Khurram,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
santanu07
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects. please help.

What is the issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santanu,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for connects purchasing!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sajadhussain786
Community Member

i have debit card , i need one checkout system currently for upgrade my membership plan free to plus. but currenlty when i am trying to add debit card it , your billing system required to save it for subscrption ,but my finacial isntitutions no longer support about ruccring payment or subscptions.they are offering only one pyment method which is one checkout system without saving card detail.

So if you can help me in this case by accordingly ,

Best Regards 

Sajjad hussain

Hi Sajjad,

Currently, by design in order to upgrade Membership, the freelancer will have to add a billing method to their account and save it. 

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
upwaq
Community Member

I want to buy more connects and for this, I added my Visa card details. I got a success message after adding it in the billing method but when I tried buying connects then the error appeared as mentioned in the subject line.

Please resolve this issue occurring at my end. I have tried doing so by using different browsers and also trying in incognito modes too of google chrome and Mozilla firefox but the issue persists.

Note: I have been using it for many other international transactions but it's not working out here.

Best,

Waqas

I think the problem is with your Visa card.

Is that a credit card or debit card? Is that been enabled to use online / international transactions?

I have a debit card and it is being used in other international transactions for shopping etc. not working out here.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waqas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with connects purchasing.

~ Bojan
Upwork
manishasingh26
Community Member

I have tried everything but it is still showing me this error. Kinldy help, I need to buy credits. I have already added a billing method.

Hi Manisha,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I cannot buy connects using my Visa Card, please help. Thanks, 

Hi Marvic, 

I checked, and it looks like your bank rejected the transaction. Please contact your bank so that they can assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths