🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Its been 5 days and still I got the same problem. No one also contacted me

Hi Ice,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
iqbalfahad
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to buy connects. I have tried buying connects so many times using my Visa Credit Card, but it is not going through. Can someone assist me. I have called the bank and they are saying that there is no problem from the bank side, your card is working fine. So can someone assist me on this. I have attached a screen shot of what the issue. 

It is Issued when Your Card is not support or a local card that only works in your Country.

You will need a international Mastercard or visa card to do it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fahad, 

I checked your account and would recommend that you reach out to your issuing bank to check why the charges was declined by your bank. In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I add Master credit card but I can not buy connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muhammad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
thasleemkamila
Community Member

I have basic membership. Now i want to buy connects. I added paypal and debit cards to my billing methods. once i clicked add connects, i can't buy it. It shows choose another billing method or try again later. How can i buy connects??

Hi Thasleem,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rabibasheer
Community Member

I need help. why I can't add my credit card to buy connects.

Hi Rabia,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing additional connects.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
00raj21
Community Member

Today, i have added my Debit Card [YES BANK, INDIA] as billiing Payment method to Buy Connects.

when i am trying to but Connects, it is is saying Payment not processed, add new payment method. When i go to Payment method, it is showing Decline next to my Card added.

I have contacted with Bank and they told me , they are not able to see any decline transction, adviced me to ask Upwork if the Payment method is in verifiying state or anything else.

Can anyone help me a solution for this, please. Any upwork support person's feedback  will be helpful.

Thanks,

Rajesh

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran.

I want to Work on the same as soon as , so require Connects. See if you guys sort out a problem. 

One question, I have added card few hours ago (1-2 hrs), will it take time to process or it will be avialabe for the transaction instantly.

2nd Question- If i add Credit card a billing payment method (NOT mine my brother's card), will Upwork accept as this is not my card . and how long will it take to avialable for purchasing.

please suggest.

Regards.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajesh,

Once a credit card verification is completed it can be used immediately. 

Regarding your second question, you can add a billing method that is issued on another name. If additional verifications or information are needed our team will reach out to you via ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran,

Any idea , how long will it take for credit card verification.

The existing Billing payment method Card (for which i am getting decline message)  is a DEBIT card. 

So Any idea about verification time usually it takes to verify for CC  and Debit Card.

Please give your insights on the same.

regards.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rajesh,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your card directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, Rajesh
This problem seems to face many people please contact your bank and ask is
that your card has international purchasing right or is your card is
worldwide or only domestic transaction limits.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
BY. Avinash K

Thank for suggesting Avinash.

I already did check with the Bank and get to know that card is 100% Ok for international transaction. No problem in that.

Hope il get a solution very soon.

ssanford83
Community Member

I'm try to buy more connects through paypal and I'm getting an error message. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Stephanie, 

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to add your billing method.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahsam-aslam
Community Member

Hi Guys

I have paid amount for the connects from my local bank Visa card 2 days back but I did not get the connects yet ... Can You please help me out for this??

Hi Syed Muhammad Ahsam,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmedgohar27
Community Member

i want to buy new connects but when i do that this i receive this message  , i do that over 4 hours ago

Hi Ahmed,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Note:

A few posts have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
alejo-antonio
Community Member

I am new to upwork. There are 4 connections now. 

So I am going to purchase the connection using paypal.

When I add the billing method and login with paypal, but they ask me to link the credit card.

I can pay using paypal or not?

I need help about this problem.

I had the same trouble, it looks like to be able to do so is necessary to associate a credit card with Paypal. If you can't do so then you can't use Paypal.

Hi Antonio,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as a billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
janina17
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem.I tried several times to buy connects but evreytime this messege appear

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment or retry again later."

I can't either buy connects or even upgrade my memership.what can I do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janina, 

I checked your account and can see that the credit card has declined the transaction. I would recommend that your reach out to your issuing bank to clarify why the transaction was declined. In the meantime, you may opt to add an alternative billing method to be able to purchase connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
janina17
Community Member

I tried my other debit card with different bank. It says " We are unable to
authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your
issuing bank." Please help me to solve this. Thank you.

Hi Janina,

Please check with your issuing banks for both methods you have tried to connect on Upwork. Once you have more details you can reach out to me or Avery via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I want to buy connects right now. My payment method is successfully added, but i can't able to buy? Give me some sollution. 

Hi Jayesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem with mine. Can't buy connects. Already tried 3 different payment methods (2 bank accounts and 1 PayPal). They keep on getting declined. The page keeps on saying **Edited for Community Guidelines**

What should we do? I think this is a problem with the system or something if multiple users are being affected.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shenna,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Im getting the same problem now. I bought connects in past, it was a successful transaction but now its failing idk why

Hi Himani,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
09ded0a5
Community Member

hello 
i have the same issue in payment method  and I check my bank and they tell me there is nothing wrong with my visa 
it is valid in every e-commerce websites but here is not  
so can i ask why is that 

jion48
Community Member

I am adding my credit card but system is loosing the cvv number every time i try to edit it. My bank is also saying the transaction is trying without the cvv number. provide the cvv number. i give the system but it isn't storing the info.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths