🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Payment method not verified please try aga...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jion,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jion48
Community Member

I have tried to put the security code then I save changes. But when I try to edit it again the security code is blank every single time. My bank is also saying the transaction is trying without the security code.I have installed a new browser and logged in and it doesn't effect at all, same situation. I can't make any payment.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists, Jion! 

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your payment method.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jamie-mccann
Community Member

I'm new to rework...and when I signed up as a Freelancer, I was given 10 Buy Connects. I'm nearly out of those initial 10. I'm trying to buy more, but after I enter my credit card information, the screen goes blank. When I log back on, I don't have any more connects. Please help. Thanks.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Jamie,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
maheshreddy26
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to buy connects using my PayPal account as I don't have a postpaid card. But it shows charge failed using your PayPal account.

Please help me,

Thank you

MAHESH

Hi Mahesh, 

I checked your account and can see why there is an issue. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
alom-md_maskorul
Community Member

Hello,

I am new in Upwork. I have only 17$ on my MasterCard but Unable to Upgrade Membership plan. It's say "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

My card is 100% good. Please help me. 

Thank you

Hi Md Maskorul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mohamed-yousaf
Community Member

Hi,

I have 0 available connects since last billing cycle, could you please check ?

Thanks/

Mohamed Y wrote:

I have 0 available connects since last billing cycle, could you please check ?

Thanks/

Nothing to check. Free Connects are a thing of the past, you need to buy them now.

I have tried to buy connects but it shows that your payment could not be
processed.

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects.

~ Bojan
Upwork
seemabbas
Community Member

I just verified my payment method but I am still seeing the notification at the top of my screen that says I need to verify my payment method.

On my payment method screen I don't see any message next to my card, so it looks fine there. 

But that notification at the top is still there.

Is my payment method verified or not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waseem,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you with setting up your payment method.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nehrasachin93
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Yesterday I have done verification video call with one of your executive and it was approved. Today I was trying to add membership billing method as a debit card. It is not accepting it at all. Meanwhile, transactions work on other platforms with this card. It as Master Card with Global Transaction support. Please help me. I will pay you through any means just I want a membership plan. Please find some mediation for this task. I don't have a credit card due to its maintenance cost. I can just transfer the amount to an approved Upwork person via Paypal.

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
faranshahbazkhan
Community Member

I have an ongoing issue, ever since upwork has changed the policy to purchase connects, I have had an issue in adding a Billing method. My bank doesnt authorise the registered card holders to save their card's information for purchases. 

Whereas, I tried adding the billing method on my relatives name, my operations of the account were suddenly on hold until I processed the government ID verification. 

Now, the government ID verification window pops up on my relatives name, but the account is under my name, and everything else is mine and doesn't matches his personal information. 

Will my account be suspended? If yes, how will i be able to retrieve it? 

Hi Faran,

I checked but was unable to find the account you are talking about. Could you please send us more information? Is your relative getting the notification? Please note that if it does raise any flags on our end, our team will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

It's my account, where i am not being able to do the payment. The problem here is, My Visa Debit Card doesn't allow me to pay on websites where the websites don't need 'OTP', (one time pin verification)

I tried adding my relatives Debit Card apparently, and they asked me for government verification ID on my account, but the ID required was under my relative's name. I wonder why did upwork ask for his verification ID? 

Is it because I added his card details in order for me to purchase connects? But again I couldn't do the transaction since it was declined again. 

Nevertheless, secondly, what other options can I use to purchase connects? There is no paypal in my hometown. 

If I use any other credit card under someone else's name, again, will my account be suspended or permanently blocked? 

What are the resources I could use to purchase Connects in order for me to bid for proposals/projects? 

Moreover, please note that, my relative has nothing to do with UPWORK, i only am using his Debit Visa Card in order for purchases, which unfortunately is declined too. 

Hi Faran,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
falcepatic
Community Member

I bought connects few months ago using upwork balance, but now why is it that only paypal and credit card are the only option? Please help me. I need to buy connects

Hi Joseph,

You can still use your earnings to purchase connects. But your funds will need to be available on your account first in order to be able to purchase connects. To view in what stage your funds are go to ReportS > Overview. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
adrianmeridorjr
Community Member

I couldn't buy connects now, but the last time I bought connects it went through. I already update and even change my payment method but still nothing happens. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Adriano,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with connects purchasing.

~ Bojan
Upwork
florendojm
Community Member

Hi. I'm not able to buy connects because my card is BPI Debit card (cirrus,bancnet,EPS). Is there anyway to buy connects? Please advise.

Hi!
I don't know the answer to your question but, since you seem to be new to this site, perhaps you want to make sure you have your Upwork profile 100% completed before using your connects. I read in the help that, while we don't have a 100% profile completion, we are invisible to clients and that means we are wasting our connects. Hope this advice/warning helps a little.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jona, 

I checked your account and was uanble to see the billing method (BPI Debit Card) on your account. Could you please confirm if you added this debit card as a billing method on your account, and if so, could you please share more information about the error you were experiencing when trying to purchase connects? 

~ Avery
Upwork
evhenii12
Community Member

Hi, there!

I am trying to buy connects.

But adding billing method is not working.

I waited a few mins. But still it's not working.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evhenii,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
evhenii12
Community Member

Hi, Bojan

Thanks for your advice.

I tried again after clear all histories, caches and cookies. And I bought connects.

Thanks a lot.

muhammedahmed007
Community Member

Can I purchase connects with my brothers credit card?

Hi Muhammed,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
143anitas
Community Member

I am doing the master card to buy the connect, the method settings are all correct but still see the same message again and again. Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. Solve it as soon as possible. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sushil.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for connects purchasing. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
engrnouman85
Community Member

My payment is getting declined, even the reccuring and internation transactions are on for my visa debit card. Please help me out

Transaction purpose: Buying plus package

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nshoukat
Community Member

I have same issue, I need to buy connects

I want to purchase a membership plan or buy new connects, but getting this error
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I used Visa debit card, Credit card another credit card all giving the same error and used incognito mode as well.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths