🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Buying connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Ahtazaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muhammadawais111
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community! I am trying to add billing method to buy connects. It says: We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. Please assist me on solving this.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
svilen_t
Community Member

Hello, I just did my first purchased of connects on the site and I got only 2 when I paid for 10 is there something I'm missing out or are they going to be added later on in my account or what happened to the other 8 I paid for? 
Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Svilen,

Looks like your charge failed while purchasing connects. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you for reaching out to us

~ Bojan
Upwork
mike-waller
Community Member

It keeps throwing an error on the billing month and year which is correct. Seems to be broken. Don't want to use a cc.

Hi Michael,

If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. If you need further help, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there. I would like to use my debit card on your site and not use PayPal. It should be working, not sure why it's not.

Hi Michael,

You should be able to add a debit card as well. For the list of all available options, please check out this page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d_liday
Community Member

Need help. I can't buy connects. It keeps on saying payment could not be processed though my visa debit card has funds in it. I received a text saying to change my spending limit to 250,000 php. Why should there be a need to change that much of a spending limit when all I'm trying to purchase is about 150 php. That's a huge difference.

Hi Dione,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mr_ahtazazkhan
Community Member

Hi Upwork!

As I'm facing issues while integrating payment method and I have reported to upwork 4, 5 days ago. Here is the link "https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Your-payment-could-not-be-processed-Please-choose-an-alt...". And in response customer support team has created the ticket to assist me. He/She response me on my tikcet only 1st time.  But later, customer representative is not giving me  any single response on my ticket as the current ticket status is "Open". I hope Upwork team can understand and will sort my issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Ahtazaz 

Hi Ahtazaz,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your request and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
zain69
Community Member

Hello Sir, I want to purchase connects through my Pakistan Bank, My debit Master card internet session is active but i'm not able to buy connects through my Debit Mastercard,cuz My Bank doesn't allow the transactions made through the added cards or saving cards on Upwork So is there any way to buy connects without saving card On Upwork? My Bank allows One time transaction if my card saved for furture use then my transaction whould be rejected automatically

Kindly Help Me?

Hi Zain,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
karoda_manoj
Community Member

PAYMENT WAS DECLINED WHEN I BUY CONNECT THROUGH SBI GLOBAL MASTER CARD

unable to buy connects with global master card

Hi Manoj, 

I checked your account and it looks like the payment method you have on your Paypal wallet was declined. Please try using an alternative payment method Paypal wallet and retry the transaction on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hamadalidogar
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. 

Hi Hamad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

PAYMENT WAS DECLINED WHEN I BUY CONNECT THROUGH SBI GLOBAL MASTER CARD please help !!!

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

webbooza-tech
Community Member

Payment Issuse - can't pay Membership fee with my billing method by which i have earlier made the payment

Hi Pankaj,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jonathancastro39
Community Member

hello, I want to buy connect with paypal and I can't for not having a credit card linked, any solution to this ?, thanks.

Hi Jonathan,

Please note that only a verified PayPal account can be used as their billing method for purchasing concepts. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
arclub
Community Member

I add a masters card and try to purchase "Freelancer Plus" membership but I cant do it. Though the same card able to purchage Freelancer Basic's connects. Please help me. thank you.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hsumrat
Community Member

Hello,

I don't have a credit card and I don't have balance in UpWork. Currently, PayPal doesn't support my country too. I want to use one of my friends' PayPal account to buy connects. How can I do this?

Hossain Mohammad S wrote:

Hello,

I don't have a credit card and I don't have balance in UpWork. Currently, PayPal doesn't support my country too. I want to use one of my friends' PayPal account to buy connects. How can I do this?

Is your profile image intentionally not centered?

Hi Hossain Mohammad,

If you aren’t able to use a credit card or Paypal you can use a prepaid card. To see the options available to you, click here. Let us know if you need further help, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
maryamarslan
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to add my local bank debit card to my billing method. I need to buy the connects for submitting the proposals. Any solutions to this problem as my local bank account is active and has funds in my local bank too.

Thank you.

What error you are facing ?

Payment method declined.please try another method.

Hi Maryam,

Please complete your W-8BEN form, once you`ve done this you will be able to withdraw available earnings. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Maryam,

~ Goran
Upwork
maryamarslan
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to add my debit card to my account. I need help in this regard as I want to buy connects. Anyone know about this issue?

Thank you.

Hi Maryam,

~ Goran
Upwork
fdgab_24
Community Member

Hi! I can't buy connects it say's payment was declined.I already added the billing method and update it but nothing happen.Can you please help me with this?

Hi Daisilyn,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths