🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to bid for a project
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
wizzykeez
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I tried add a billing a method using my master card, but i keep getting an error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." Please Help.

Hi Wisdom,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
habib_ur__rehman
Community Member

Hi , 

I am trying to upgrade my Upwork account to buy the connects but unnable to do this, i have add my Visa card details and payment method is succuessfully added but the message is shown "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." So please help me out to buy the connects. 

Best Regrads 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Habib.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
klent18
Community Member

Hi

I have a problem buying connects, it says payment declined. I've already double check all my card info and also checked this one with my bank but so far everything is good. Please help.

Regards,

Klent

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Klent,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muhammadtariq13
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects with my added debit card, could you please let me know what's issue? it say unable to process payment I have tried with two different cards.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing connects. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
yaseen_shiwani
Community Member

Sir,

I have prepaid mcb lite card and try to buy connect on upwork but payment not process.

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sharad26
Community Member

I have added my mastercard debit card details. But It is saying Payment was declined.

Hi Sharad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your billing method.

As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
r_vinjavarapu
Community Member

Hi , I am unable to apply for a project. as i know connects are required to bid for project. when i tried to buy connects the payment is not accepting.

I tried several times , samething happens . Can any one help

Thanks

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi , I am unable to apply for a project. As i know connects are required to bid for project. when i tried to buy connects the payment is not accepting.

I tried several times , samething happens . Can any one help

Thanks

Abdul **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abdul,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jinug12
Community Member

I want to pay money to upwork for buying a membership to get more works.because my cenncets ended very rapidly.when Iwant to deposit fund via sing my payoneer card no.then the ask me to put a billing method.I put there billing method same as given by payoneer but again give an error.why?

Hi Junaid,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding a billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
monikb
Community Member

My debit card is international but still im not able to purchase connects. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Monik.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

~ Bojan
Upwork
umarjamil
Community Member

Hey guys,

I have been on Upwork for almost 5 years now and using same debit card for almost 5 years now too and I never got any error for payment methods etc but now I when I Am trying to buy Connects it says that payment method is declined however payment method is added with no error. Can anyone please help me about this issue? What is going on?

Thanks,

Umar Jamil

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
umarjamil
Community Member

Thank you Bojan. Patiently waiting

heather_smirle
Community Member

I'm trying to buy connects for my first time. But after I enter my credit card info on the Add Billing Method popup and click Continue, it just goes to a blank screen. I know I've entered my credit card info properly. Can you please help?

** Never mind - I solved it. Turns out if I set up a payment method on my profile instead of using the Add Billing Method field when buying Connects, it goes through no problem. **

indiatestbook
Community Member

Hi, I want to upgrade my Membership, and I have tried many Visa and master cards, but none of them working, I have tried Paypal too. That is also not working. Is there any other way, I can pay to Upwork for membership?

Hi Ashwani, 

I checked this for you and can see that cards has declined the transaction. Please check this directly with your bank for more information. 

As for your Paypal account, you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
zohaibkhan63
Community Member

I am unable to pay in order to upgrade my account to Plus. My payment methode is already added and whenever i try to upgrade it says "Your payment could not be processed" And on the other hand tax has been deducted every time from my account i tried to upgrade

Hi Zohaib,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prayaag
Community Member

Unable to add a credit card or link paypal to my account. It shows the red error saying "enter card number" which doesn't make sense since I've added and entered everything in. Unable to buy connects due to this reason. Resolve it fast please.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Prayaag,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
blulinevfx
Community Member

Hello!

I am adding on PayPal billing method it's added but it's showing " Charge failed " error,

Please help me 

Hi Gunasekaran.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How to via ticket?

Hi Gunasekaran,

When a ticket is created you will receive an email notification and you will be able to access it from here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also have same problem I add my debit card and buying a connects but it's shown that payment failed and Paul account is also shown that charge failed so what is the problem

Hi Sagar,

Our Customer Support team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem . How can I fix that? I connected my mastercard to paypal and connected it to upwork as billing method, but it says "Charge failed". Please help how to fix. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farid, 

You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
digitalsolution-
Community Member

My billing method is not working. I have my debit card with me to add. I have tried with Paypal but still the issue remaining. Please help me ASAP so that I can buy connections and move to a bright career on your prestigious brand..Thanks and regards

Hi Girish, 

I checked your billing methods for you. As for your Paypal account, you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork.

Regarding the cards that you added, you may need to contact your local bank for more information on why the transaction failed.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths