🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment declined to buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hey there, 

I am also facing the same problem I've integrated my verified paypal profile with my upwork account but still unable to buy connects also I've tried my other debit card for connect purchase but still can't.

Hi Adeeb,

Please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Regarding your card, it looks like the charge on the card keeps getting declined. Please check with your bank for more information on why the charge is getting declined.

In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
digi_ravi
Community Member

Hi,
I am a new freelancer with multi skills and talents.
I am unable to buy connects with my debit cards even after trying many times with alternative card. I had raised this issue last week and i was offered 15 connect by support team.

I had just finished using 14 connects to send few proposal, now again when i tried all methods i am not able to buy any connects, either few of my cards are not been accepted by up work and one of the card accepted by up work buy payment declined by my bank as my bank has deactivated debit cards of all customers due to frequent frauds in India with internet payments.

When i approached my bank for solution, they informed me to create a virtual card for temporary online transactions. I even created the virtual card today, but again payment is declined.

I have not won any job since my account was approved last month end, I am unable to buy connects... i don't know how to go about this serious issue. 

I have screenshots of all failed transactions and failed methods to add payment, i am unable to upload here. Kindly help me on this serious issue...

Hi Raviindra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dnakaggwa
Community Member

Hi,

I was trying to buy connects using my Visa debit card, but payment was declined. However, my bank account was debited (screenshot attached) and I didn't receive the connects. I kindly want to know why I didn't receive the connects. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dorothy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
expertak123
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects using Master Card. it says(We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.)

Hi Dhanveer, 

I checked your account and would recommend that you check with your bank why the transaction was declined. In the meantime, please add a different card to be able to purchase Connects for your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
abdurrahimbrsh
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to link my card to my account to buy some connects.

But I can not link and upwork says my card can not be authorized.

Could you please solve this problem?

Thanks,

Abdurrahim

Hi  Abdurrahim,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I tried again but the same problem occurs.

Hi Abdurrahim,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with  purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
harsh1997saxena
Community Member

I am not able to purchase connect using my SBI visa debit card.

Hi Harsh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
leotriggered
Community Member

Hi i am new to upwork. I am Not able to add paypal account as billling method for buying connects

Hi M,

~ Goran
Upwork
jimmy_smart
Community Member

Dear All,

I need to but connect but i am using credit card for buy connect i add card in billing but due to some issue i am unable to buy please advise step by step how to buy using creadit card.

Thanks

Fahad

Hi Fahad, 

I checked your account and can see that the bank declined the transactions from Upwork. You can check this directly with your issuing bank, and add a different billing method in the meantime to be able to purchase Connects for your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
harish_basoor
Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to buy connects in Upwork.
But I am getting an error: Your payment could not be processed. Please
choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

I tried to pay using my Debit card as well as Paypal.
But in both the cases the above error is coming.

I request you to solve this issue so that I can buy connects and start
bidding in Upwork.

I am also attaching a document containing the screenshots of the
messages that I am getting in Upwork.
Please find the attachment.

Thanking you,
Hareesha B M

Hi Hareesha,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. How do I buy connects directly from my Mastercard?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dickson,

You will need to add one of our available billing methods in order to be able to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abhijitvinayak
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and haven't been hired till now. Used up all my connects and now I am not able to buy more because payment keeps failing.   

Hi Abhijit Vinayak,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am facing same Issue , i cannot buy connects. When I try to buy it says "We cannot authorize your card"

Hi Ahmad,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
amritpal1412
Community Member

I am trying to add payment method but it's showing charge failed again and again. Please help me out.

Thanks

Hi Amritpal,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there,

I have tried to add more connects ($3) but facing Issue while buying connects through PayPal (charge failed).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Hadi,

~ Goran
Upwork

I am facing this issues while adding a payment method. Please help me out. 

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Hi Amritpal,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Facing this problen, Got that error when i go to buy connects.

1.Billing method is added.

2.I have rechecked bank. bank have allowed online payments already.

3.When i got this error my Bank notify me that One rupee is charged.

4.If there is any problem then it has to be clear and specific.

Please Help me to solve this issue..

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
sptutusukanta
Community Member

I can pay with paypal in other websites but upwork. Probably due to automatic payment is not supported with the card I use. But why don't upwork support 1-time payments at least when paying for memberships? Without it people like me are not able to continue with upwork.

Hi Sukanta,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gautam_biswas
Community Member

I am unable to purchase connects as my billing method not accepted. I have a verified paypal account. But it shows charge failed. Kindly help me out.

Hi Gautam, 

I checked your account and you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have already added my bank account to pay pal
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths