🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » FAILED DEBIT CARD VERIFICATION
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Gautam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
devijamna
Community Member

i am trying to buy connects but system not allowing me to buy Please help me 

Hi Bandna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muhammad-nafis
Community Member

Dear all,

I need a suggestion. I'm from Bangladesh. I don't have any credit cards personally. In our country, it's the same as almost 98% of people. Is there any other solution to add my billing method.

Hi Muhammad,

If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am from Pakistan. And paypal doesn't work here.

So debit card is my only option. I also checked with my bank. they said that everything is fine from our end. the problem is from upwork side.

Please fix it for me.

Hi Amin,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It's been two days and no one has contacted me from upwork side or try to resolve my issue. Would really appreciate assistance with the problem. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amin,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aminkhan00
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I tried to add billing method to buy connects. but i can't add my VISA card.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amin, 

I can confirm that this transaction was declined by your local bank. Kindly check with your local bank why this transaction was declined. In the meantime, you can try adding a different billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
santoshkumarroy
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects using PayPal and also when I tried using my debit card the result was the same. It would be a great help if you can check what's wrong in there or is that anything that I am doing wrong.

Hi Santosh,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Ive got the same issue

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

ive tried 3 types of my credit cards,

and also paypal.

It seems like it hasa big problem for charging, you need to solve this problem.

Please tell me what sould i do to pay.

thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hyeon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
adnan170
Community Member

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. " this message shows when i want upgrade my membership to plus what should i do ??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MUHAMMAD,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
asadayub237
Community Member

I can't add a billing method. i can't add my mastercard credit card. 

It says:

"We are unable to authorize your card, add another billing method or contact your bank".

I want to buy connects, my card is working well everywhere else. 

Hi Asad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
41fcb637
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to add connects but both my payments by debit card Corp Bank and Paypal failed. Can you help me with the payments?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harshdeep, 

I looked into your account and can confirm that your bank declined the transaction. Kindly reach out to your issuing bank to confirm why this transaction from Upwork was declined. 

As for your Paypal account, please try adding an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet in order to add your PayPal account as a billing method on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

i cant add billing method by using payoneer prepaid card in order to purchase connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Parvez.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kiruba_k
Community Member

I'm also facing this issue, even i tried out payment with paypal and master debit card its showing error message as payment could not be processed. And there i have also asked the bank, from their side there was no issue found. Anyone help me out from this please

I am also unable to buy connects, even i tried out using paypal and master debit card and still its showing error message as payment count not be processed try again. No issues from the bank side too i already visited bank regarding this. Provide me better solution and fix this issue as soon as possible please.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiruba,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your payment method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mj-mercado
Community Member

I want to buy connects using my debit card but it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." 

I need help cause I dont have a paypal account

Hi Michael,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
285413c3
Community Member

I am unable to purchase more connects althought I have entered all correct details and still I am getting same error. Can some one please help me . My online session is already activated.
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Hi Ambreen,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
josephandrew83
Community Member

Hello team,

I tried linking my debit card as a billing method but the verification failed. Upwork advised me to contact my bank. I visited my bank and they said that Upwork has to verify by deducting an amount, as little as $1 from my account, for it to be successful. As it stands, Upwork is trying to verfiy my card by charging zero(0), and that's the reason why the verification failed.

Please advise and assist, as I have no other payment method.

Thanks.

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, someone has already reached out. I hope this is sorted as quickly as possible.

programmerworlds
Community Member

Hello Support Team,

This is inform you that kindly reset my name on identity verification which is Amir Ali right now i don't have my credit card so i ask my father to provide me so he gave me for buying connects as i am newbie father support me to grow myself for self earning by their skills   now kindly it's my request to support kindly update their id reset so i can do my verification beside this below i attach my father id card and the identity verification Name which shows on my father which make me stuck to verify myself. Thank you for your expensive time for concern on my matter .Beside this still My father name appear in verification and  last ticket i submitted my father ID as to satisfy up-work support but unfortunately support told me to make another Ticket .Therefore i would like to like request to support team to resolve this issue so i can verify myself as soon as possible i started doing work on Up-work for always paid .below i again attach my father Identity

Thank you
Regard
Amir Ali

Hi Amir,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gujral_manish
Community Member

Dear upwork team,
I'm still not able to buy new connects. I tried many times by master card, visa card and paypal but always my payment can't processed. Please help me as soon as possible.
Thank you

Thank you for reaching out to us, Manish.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method for purchasing connects.

~ Bojan
Upwork
realprince
Community Member

Almost a year gone, i still unable to find a solution. As a student i have debit prepaid card, i dont have any credit card. i tried to add as billing method but my card not accepted. Even payoneer also can not be supported. And for 0 connects in my account i was unable to bid any project. i'm so hopeless and helpless 😞

My question is: is there any way for example: i can pay to upwork manualy such as perfectmoney, skrill, neteller or direct bank to bank in order to purchase membership packages? 

Yes, You can Add the Payoneer Master card. I already added it.

Joynul

i tried. last time upwork says, gifts card are not allowed. and a support manager also says, payoneer is a prepard card that can not be add as billion method.

between how you added payoneer card as billing method?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths