🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
ahmedhassan9128
Community Member

I am from pakistan. I have attached my master card to the upwork.

But my payment method was declined.

How i can make it verify?

can i attach the paypal of another person for paayment.

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with setting up your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
akhunzaada
Community Member

Hello,

I have been trying to buy Connects with my Visa Debit Card but everytime it fails with Payment Declined error. I have tried clearing browser history and adding payment method again with no success. I have contacted my bank and they told me they are getting an incorrect CVC error. I have carefully entered the CVC again but it still fails. I am using the same card on other websites and it works perfectly.

Thanks,

AK

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

I looked into this further and can confirm that your bank declined the specific charge. Please reach out to your bank for more information on why this transaction was declined. 

In the meantime, feel free to add a different billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

As I mentioned, I reached out to my bank and they said they are getting incorrect CVC error which means that the CVC provided by Upwork when making a charge was incorrect. Whereas I tried adding the payment method multiple times with the correct CVC yet it fails everytime. I am using the same payment method on other websites and it works perfectly.

I suspect it might be an issue with Upwork's payment processor, as my CVC contains a leading 0 and Upwork might be dropping that.

Thanks,

AK

Thank you for the additional information, Abdul.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with setting up your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bautistaemily
Community Member

Hi,

I just purchased connects today. My debit card was charged but it says in my profile that my payment was declined.

Hi Emily,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
baryaal
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to buy connect through my Debit Card but can unable to purchase. Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Adil.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting ou your billing method for purchasing connects.

~ Bojan
Upwork
florentkc
Community Member

I can not buy connects using my master card linked to my account. I have money on my card.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Florent.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
asheali
Community Member

hi, I am unable to attach my MasterCard to buy connects. I have contacted my bank as well for this query and everything is fine at their end. kindly help, Thanks, Ayesha

Hi Ayesha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sarthakdhonchak
Community Member

Hi Sarthak,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
624ebefa
Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm new in Upwork. I just recently chose PayPal as my billing methods for buying connects. However, after sign in, I put my card number as in my PayPal and it got rejected: "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions".

I'm already checked my PayPal account eligible by bought something in other site, and turned out my account still works. Would you like to give me advice? Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fuad, 

It would be best to check with your issuing bank why this was declined. In the meantime, please add a different billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
77507a27
Community Member

Can we use standard chartered account for all Upwork purpose?
aamirsagheer
Community Member

my debit card from Standard chartered bank pakistan is not working for buying connects

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Aamir,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

~ Bojan
Upwork

So, please guide me, what alternate did you use for this purpose?

Hi Irtaza,

Are you having trouble adding a billing method to your account? I checked but don't see any attempts. You can learn about the billing method available and how to add them here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
gerardoj193
Community Member

Hello,

Im trying to associate my payoneer account to upwork but when i try to associate the account on payoneer it give me a an error message. Ive tried many times to link it but its not working. any ideas?

Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Gerardo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
iqbalfahad
Community Member

Last month, I bought connects using debit card and I was able to buy connects. But this time, I am trying to buy connects with the same card but I am unable to do so. Can someone please help me with this. My payment is declining even though I have balance in my account.Also, it is giving me this issue, "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a credit card".

Hi Fahad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much, Goran, I would really appreciate if someone can contact me as soon as poosible, as I need to get the connects ASAP and apply for the jobs because I need jobs.

Thanks.

bilalahmed1991
Community Member

I was unable to buy Upwork connects. I have confirmed this with my bank and they said its an error from Upwork which is "0 amount selected" and I tried to buy each package from the list.

Help needed Asap

Hi Bilal,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
padriyawork
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to buy connects with any of the methods provided.

Hi Padmapriya,

Could you please confirm if you tried to add any of the options available to youTo learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships you can read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Yes, I have a MasterCard. I tried with it and also tried using Paypal
but it didn't work. Please guide me to buy connects.

Thanks & Regards,
Padmapriya

Hi Padmapriya, 

I checked your account and it looks like there is some issue with the information that you have added on your billing method. Please make sure that all the information you add is correct to be able to add your card as a billing method on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ashamandapati
Community Member

I am from India.. and i cannot load extra connects into my account through my master card or paypal account

Hi Asha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shivanisoman
Community Member

hello i am trying to purchase connects i have successfully added my master card and the card is also generating an OTP but once i enter OTP for payment it shows the following message please help.

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later".

Hi Shivani,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nrz007
Community Member

My Paypal account is not connected to upwork and not doing any payment. I want to paid membership plan but it didn't work please help me. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neeraj,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths