🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Billing Method unauthorized
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hello sir can i buy connect through paypal ? But same error showing

Hi Abhijit,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1b04156e
Community Member

i am trying to buy connects but unable to make payment neither by paypal nor by debit card. Can any one suggest solution on this i am trying to buy connects more than a month but frequent payment failure affects my success. 

Hi Parul,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge failed. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rahulme
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects by mastarcard for debit card but its not processing please can you tell me what is the issue. I have added it to billing method.I am not getting exact error about it. 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." this is there error I am getting. Please help me to sort out this issue.

Hi Rahul,

If you are trying to use a Payoneer prepaid master card or any other type of prepaid debit od credit card it will not work.  Upwork only accepts major credit cards that are not prepaid.

Best,

Hugo

585c2ee7
Community Member

Hi.. I am unable to add connects to my account via Debit card. It says We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. everytime when i entered , details. Please help me out ..your time and appreciation will be highly appreciated

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined or try adding a new billing method. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar. Thank you your your response. I contacted by bank and they activated by Debit card online services. I, then again treid to add my debit card to billing method in my account but this time I faced new error, it says --Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.-- I passed this query again to my bank to which they said there is no problem/issue from their side. Please help me out from this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
niranjan212
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects I have checked with everything is ok from there side I even used PayPal but it is also not working.

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
freesudhakar
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects. When I try to buy connects and I chose PayPal Modde (Already I have a balance on PayPal Wallet), it asked: "add a credit card to buy connects".

Hi Sudhakar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok Thanks
fidu123
Community Member

I want to upgrade my plan to freelancer Plus, but my Master Credit Credit is not being accepted. It says We are unable to authorize your card". Please help.

Regards, 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ravat,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ahsanaliawan786
Community Member

i all,

i tried to buy connect first it gave me this error when i try to buy 80 connects in 12$ it gave me this error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

after then i try with 10$ and it worked but my card didnt charged now i have 15 connects available.i am try to buy more connects and waiting for debiting of 10 connects but it giving me same error  "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."....

kindly help me out of this

regards

AHSAN ALI

Hi Ahsan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bd39431e
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

For the past few days I am unable to purchase connects in my account. I tried using a paypal account, VISA Card and a Master card. I could add these payment methods to 'Add billing method' but whenever I try to make a payment, I get a notification stating 'Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.'

This problem started only a few days ago and till then there was absolutely no issues purchasing connects using my paypal account. I had even upgraded my account to a freelancer plus account using my paypal account.

Kindly assist.

Regards

Anupa

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anupa, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the transactions on the different cards you used were declined by your issuing bank. It would be best to contact your bank/s for more information on why the transactions were declined. 

In the meantime, you can use other billing methods that are available to you to be able to purchase Connects for your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
sandhya-rajesh
Community Member

Hi,

When I try to add my Visa card for buying connects, it says "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again". I've tried contacting my bank and everything is clear from my side. Kindly help me resolve this issue. I need to buy connects. I'm not able to apply to any work because of this.

Hi Sandhya,

~ Goran
Upwork
adnanpen
Community Member

I have added MasterCard Debit card and my active Paypal account with all my bank and neccessary details, still I am not able to purchase connects and every time apply for it I recieve this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

7b874dc7
Community Member

I'm trying to upgrade my membership to "Freelancer Plus" and I put in my credit card info and hit submit. Nothing happens. My debit card notifies me right when I'm billed and it looks like it's just not going through for some reason. The payment pop up turns white and nothing loads. Not sure what's up. Should I try another machine or get the app? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c39e0acd
Community Member

I want to purchase or add connects to my account. Card is declined everytime even though the credit / debit card details are correct like card number and security code. really frustrating.

Hi George,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
qammarabbas313
Community Member

Hi,

While trying to add a billing method using my VISA debit card, i received the following error 

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"
Kindly provide necessary information to resolve this issue.

Hi Qammar,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have tried with a different browser. However, the issue persists. Please provide alternate solution to this issue. Thank you.

Hi Qammar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mobinhunxai
Community Member

I wanted to buy connects but when i select number of connects to buy, the loading screen doesn't stop. Please help.

Hi Mobin,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue. 

To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mobinhunxai
Community Member

Whenever i try to buy connects, the loading screen doesn't go away. It is after i select the desired amount of connects. I have tried other browsers and devices but the problem persists.

Hi Mobin,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
faisalalamgir
Community Member

I tried so many times to buy connects but it shows this message again and again. We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Faisal,

~ Goran
Upwork
ashokmehta999
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects. I have tried both, an international debit card and PayPal under my business name. The card and PayPal account is accepted as a billing method, but the transactions get declined when I try to buy connects with either of them.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Hi Ashok,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths