🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: can't buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi,

I have tried again with Paypal as well as my debit card. Both of them are failing. I contacted the bank and they've said that there is no issue from their part and they support transactions at Upwork or any other international website.

Kindly help me. I am still stuck.

Hi Ashok,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5andeepgill
Community Member

I want to purchase plus plan with my global master debit card but it always shows error (we can't complete your request now).

please check the screenshot which I attached.

Can anyone please help to let me know the solution to this issue?

Hi Sandeep,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
june-richards
Community Member

Hello!

I have tried for several days now to upgrade my membership to Freelance Plus. I have deleted and added various methods of payment and none work (all have funds available so I don't know why they are being declined). I am almost out of connects and want to do this today to keep sending proposals. I also have a message that my financial transactions were limited. I used to have a Plus membership with the bank account on my acocunt so not sure why I am unable to do this now. 

Please help! Thanks so much. 🙂

June

Thank you for reaching out to us, June.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nirali_thakkar
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects using a debit or a credit card from India

Hi Nirali,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects please read this help article. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shehzerkhan
Community Member

I live in Pakistan and I own a debit card of Allied bank. I want to buy connects and change my membership plan but the payment is declined everytime i try to make a transaction. Please help me with this as i have used up all of the previous connects and now I have 0 connects

Hi Shehzer,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined or try adding a new billing method. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey,
Currently I only have one debit card and one of my friends is using the
same card and it is working. I want to know what should I do

Regards

Hi Shehzer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mazam502
Community Member

I want to buy connects each time the transaction is denied with the message, "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later". I try this many times and dont have any other account. How can I know what is the exact problem.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
unreachmon24
Community Member

How to buy connects?I tried to used my Debit card but error encountered, display was conntact my Bank?

Hi Raymund,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bhumik147
Community Member

Hello,

I want to buy connects but i am not able to pay for it either via a verified paypal account or a debit card. Please help

Regards,

Bhumik Kewlani

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bhumik.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
187a018d
Community Member

hi , i am from pakistan and want to buy connects with local bank but getting error while processing with debit /credit

Hi Tameemahmad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello when i am tapping the buy connect option then bank page open and after entering the otp again it let me the same buy connect page .No money deducted and also co connect added.I done 2 time transaction with otp same probly

Hi Abhijit, 

Could you please confirm if the issue persists after clearing your cookies or using a different browser?

~ Avery
Upwork

Already tried but still facing same problem and showing

Hi Abhijit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5fec2813
Community Member

I just added my visa account in my upwork account and after that i tried to upgrade my membership i got this error.
Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5fec2813
Community Member

my card was added in billing method with no problem but i can't upgeade my account

superfast4
Community Member

i am facing issue with adding new card for billing , please add authorize my card you have details i attempted multiple time with that card 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Inam,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rouchelle-thomas
Community Member

My upwork and PayPal Account are verifies. I even withdrew funds to PayPal but I’m unable to buy connects from my PayPal account.
It keeps saying “charge failed”

Hi Rouchelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
chimgozirim_
Community Member

Hello Upwork team, I'm a new freelancer on the platform, and since yesterday, I've been trying to purchase connects with my card, but it's not working. I've used two different browsers! But the page goes blank at the second stage of the billing. Is there any way you can help me?

Hi Chimgozirim,

One of our Customer Support agnets will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ituhin
Community Member

Hello,I am a freelancer with verified account on Upwork. I have ran out of connects.Whenever I am trying to buy connects by upgrading the membership plan through my debit card,I am getting an error.I am trying this for last few hours through Paypal,and directly through credit card.But it is suggesting me to use alternate method,and giving an error message in Paypal.I have only one credit card,and I am failing to upgrade my membership plan.Please help ASAP.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tuhin,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
georgesawr
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to buy connects with my debit card. But it is geting fiailed.Is there any other way to buy it ?

can we use net banking ?I dont have pay pal account

Thanks,

Roshni

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roshni, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the transactions were declined by your local bank. If you need more information, please contact your local bank. 

In the meantime, please try adding a different payment method to be able to purchase Connects for your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
airshadar
Community Member

Dear Team,

I am trying to buy Connects but unable to proceed as it ask me use alternate method.

Got my bank on call and verified all details but still it declined. Please check and resolve.

Hi Arslan,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
_muru
Community Member

Hello upwork,

For a Long time I'm try to buy a connects, it shows error in my account and try again later.  I was updated my account many times.but its shows error in my account. Here ,I have attached some snap for your reference

can you solve this issues in my account ?

Thank You

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths