🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Murugesan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
zulkefal155
Community Member

hi i dont have payoneer debit card but i have money in payoneer can i buy conncets without debit card?

Hi Zulkefal,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects please read this help article. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi friend,
You can buy connects using a debit card compatible to International Payment.
You can by connects using PayPal also.
Upwork is always up to date and puts its best to provide the best services
to all concerned.

09dc5bf0
Community Member

Hi there!

I am getting an error message when I am trying to buy credits. The error message says "Charge Failed"

Tried both PayPal and Credit/Debit Card.

Trying to buy credits for the first time.

Thanks!

Shahbaz

Hi Shahbaz,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
akenroye96
Community Member

Anytime i try buying new connects, I always get "

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

"

Please help!

Hi Akenroye,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay, Thanks

c2594774
Community Member

Hi, I purchased 160 Connects on 3/29/2020 at 10:30 PM PT but they never showed up on my account. The next day when I tried again I was only credited the 80 I had just paid for. Anyone able to help? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Partick,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the billing options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
davie13
Community Member

Hello, I have some balance in my paypal but I'm not able to purchase connects since I have not linked my account to a bank or a credit card.....does it mean I cannot be able to complete the purchase if the account is not linked or is there a way I can be assisted? TIA.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My friend,
1. You have some balance in your PayPal account.
There should be no problem in buying the connects provided the balance is
enough.
2. The country in which you live matters.
The central banks of some countries restricts PayPal from holding any
balance and it is made to deposit the amount instantly to your associated
bank a/c.
So, it is always better to link a bank account or a debit/ credit card with
your PayPal a/c.
3. Always take the necessary steps to ensure the safety of your a/cs.
Regards.
ashu112249
Community Member

Hello everyone

I am trying to add connects to my Upwork account, everything is going right but after entering OTP its gets back to the add connects page and the transaction is not done.

Hi Ashish,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ashu112249
Community Member

Hi i am trying to add connects to my upwork account, everything is going right but after entering OTP its get back to the add connects page and transaction is not done. i cleared coockies and chche from browser and tried again but same issue accured. please help me

Hi Ashish,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have screenshots .its not giving any error message but after entering OTP
from my bank it gets back on add connects page again

My friend,
Please clear your browser for cookies and try again.

najam-tehreem
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects
They say we are unable to authorize your card please use another billing method.
Please help and someone let me know how to buy connects. I am from Pakistan
I have debit card

Hi Tehreem,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nitinl167
Community Member

I am facing same issue while buying new contact. Neither debit card is working nor paypal. Please Upwork team, I want to buy new connects, please help me also

Hi Nitin,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can i buy connects from my paypal balance?? I have tried but it seems theres no such option from the Upwork end/ 

Hi Anthony,

Paypal is one of the supported billing methods to purchase connects on Upwork. To see the options available to you, click here. If Paypal is not available, you may use a credit card, prepaid card, or your Upwork balance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
akenroye96
Community Member

I am out of connects and so i have tried adding a billing method, but it is not working out.

Hi Akenroye,

I checked your account and can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have sent them a mail, waiting for their reply.

Thanks.

ashu112249
Community Member

hi

I am trying to add connects to my Upwork account .i am trying to pay via my credit card, on the last step when I enter my OTP from my bank and submit, it comes back to add connects page. it is not giving any error message and not any transaction is done on my card. please help me I have to send proposals but due to this issue, I lost many good contracts .please help me.i have tried all the troubleshooting which was suggested by Upwork support like, clearing cookies, clearing cache, trying another browser but that didn't help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ice_screenshot_20200401-162956.png

Hi Ashish,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
priyabhanu
Community Member

I have only one bank account and have added it for the membership plan. But after sometime I dropped the membership plan as I was pregnant and would not have used the connects for atleast 6 months. Now I again added the same billing method and tried adding the membership plus plan to add connects but I am unable to purchase connects. However the same account details are added I mean my bank card is added successfully but during payment I am getting a message that your payment could not be processed choose an alternate payment method. However I tried doing payment from the same card/account on other websites its working fine. Kindly help. Please contact on my email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Bhanu,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi to the respected team,

Sadly this is my problem as well. My card is good when Im using it on payments online. But when I'm trying to add my card here it doesnt accept. And I tried as well using my paypal account in purchasing connects, I do have enough balance to buy , I converted as well my balance to US dollars but it keeps asking me my card information but again the system doesn't accept my card. Please help.

Hi Danica Rose,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Regarding PayPal, note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi friend,
1. Please verify that whether the payment issuing bank is issuing the
payment or not.
If the bank is declining the transaction, please contact your bank and sort
out the exact reason behind decline of the transaction.
2. You can use an alternate payment method also.
But, First make sure that the Card you added to the “Billing&payments” is
suitable for international payments, as some cards may not be compatible
with international payments.
Upwork is always up to date and puts its best to provide the best services
to all concerned.
I hope, the issue will be resolved.
shah-qaiser
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects with my debit card that has been added, but I am facing an error saying "Your payment could not be processed." Please check it what is the problem. However, when I added the payment method the transaction of 1 in Pakistani rupees has been done successfully. Then why I am not able to buy the connects.

Hi Qaisar,

I checked your account and can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abubakar_ca
Community Member

Can we buy connects through Payoneer account? is there any such way to add Payoneer as payment method?

Hi Abubakar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, you should be able to use Payoneer to purchase Connects. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects please read this help article. Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths