🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Uable to add connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi friend,
You can buy connects using a credit card or debit card compatible to
International Payment.
You can by connects using PayPal also.
Upwork is always up to date and puts its best to provide the best services
to all concerned.
ppratik92
Community Member

I have tried adding my multiple cards various times but it will fail with error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your bank."

All card settings are fine and bank have confirmed this. Also I have added paypal but everytime I tried to make a payment it says charge failed. My PayPal account is verified already.

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksander for the prompt response. I have an email from one of the team memeber now.

Regards,

P

Hi friend,

1. The card that you are using may not be compatible with international
payment.

First make sure that the Card you added to the “Billing&payments” is
suitable for international payments, as some cards may not be compatible
with international payments.

2. Even then, if you face the same problem, please contact the payment
issuing bank and inquire why the payment is being declined.

I hope, the issue will be resolved.

to all the people concerned.

Hi friend,

1. The Card that you are using in “Billing&payments” may not be compatible
with international payment.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to assist all of the people
concerned.

hashan-hemachand
Community Member

I tried to upgrade my freelancer membership plan to a "plus". When I tried to make the payment it says that "We are unable to authorize your card" I tried twi different cards. But same thing appered. Could you please help me?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hashan,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge failed. To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying membership, please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi friend,

payment.

maq_works
Community Member

My payment method is getting declined.I tried a lot. I need to buy connects.Kindly help me with this issue.
Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and can confirm that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi friend,

payment.

21339b86
Community Member

I am unable to add connects. Its giving the below error after payment:

Select the "Add Connects" button to continue.

Hi Trupti,

Let me share the issue you're having with buying connects with the team and they'll reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
rodriguezrimelm_
Community Member

I can't add my debit Mastercard. It says, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." I don't think there is anything wrong with my card.

Upwork seems to be having issues with its site currently. There are a few parts to the site that aren't working.  I would try a different browser, or try again later. 

Hi Rimel,

I checked and, unfortunately, it looks like the charge was declined on the credit card. Please, contact your bank to check if your credit card is set up to be used for international purchases via the Internet.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi friend,

payment.

palvisha
Community Member

I am facing the same issue please resolve it. I need to buy Upwork's membership

Hi Palvisha,

Thanks for reaching out. I see you've already submitted a support ticket about this issue. One of our agents will respond to you via that ticket and assist as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ihhi
Community Member

Dear correspondent
I am trying to buy connects through credit card. I am trying for the same for the last six months but still receuving same message thay payment is declined. In this period I contacted my bank many times but they are telling that there is no issue regarding payment on bank side. It is upwork who is not accepting the payment. I contacted upwork support through email but the issue is still not resolved.
Please reolve this issue as I am not able to get projects due to this issue.
Hoping for a promt and positive response from your end.
Regards
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irshad, 

I checked and can see that the transaction was declined because your issuing bank didn't authorize the transaction. Please call your bank again for more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
valeed92
Community Member

I want to know can we buy Connect from Payoneer Account ?

Hi Valeed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
62b48525
Community Member

HI,How are you?I am entering my card detail on "add bill method",it is showing this error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.Card Number"i have already contacted my bank they are saying :"everything is fine from there side,I must contact the upwork support for help", Kindly check from your side

iamjomz
Community Member

One workaround would be to link your billing payment method to your paypal account and add paypal to upwork as your billing method instead. 

Question though, are you trying to add payment for future withdrawal or for upgrading your sub? 

62b48525
Community Member

I am adding it to buy connects,now it is showing that i have exceed my card limit....kindly help.

iamjomz
Community Member

Link your card to Paypal. Then add Paypal as a billing method. That's the best option. 

62b48525
Community Member

for future withdrawal

Paypal is not working in Pakistan,My all colleagues were doing payment from credit card,So could you help me out,with this problem

Hi Omar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi friend,
Please make sure that the card you are using for the payment is compatible
kashiffumer
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team.

I am trying to buy connects bundle of 80 for 12$, I have added my payments method and also verified each and everything, but now I was adding my billing method I got below error.

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well.

Looking forward to a reliable response 

Thank You 

Hi Kashif,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi friend,
You should try an alternative payment method.
hashir-amin
Community Member

Upwork is declining my master card whenever I try to buy connects. I have tried contacting customer support center and they said it is an issue with the bank. I contacted my local bank and their headquarter as well and they are saying it is an issue with the website. The upwork support center has replied that there is an error, error code:57 which is occuring.

The point is, if there is some problem with my bank, then how on earth I can still use my master card for online shopping???. Even when I remove my master card from Upwork billing method and then add it again, upwork immediately charges me 1$ something. This payment is charged without any error, but the moment I try to buy connects, my card is declined.

It is not only me, a lot of experts are facing this problem and ultimately they are complelled to add some other bank account on upwork. I don't think that a platform like Upwork should have such issues in making payments. I have cursed my bank and their staff for being incompetent but it turned out that the problem is from upwork. Why only one single payment is being declined from my card when each and every other payment is being successfull anywhere else on the same card????

Can anyone please tell me any compaint number/email of upwork. I am tired of contacting customer support center of Upwork without having any satisfactory answer.

I have attached the images of error which I get while proceeding payment.

I am also facing same problem
Even I could not be able to add bank before buying connects

Hi Hashir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dinalwajahat8008
Community Member

Sir is the billing and get paid method same or not
I tried to enter diferent billing method method via credit card but failed to update and did not be able to buy connects .
Please help me

Hi Wajahat,

To learn more about our accepted billing methods check out this Help Article. If you need further help with purchasing connects, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths