🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Debit Card can't buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Is the credit card billing is Same as get paid or not

Hi Wajahat,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
macleonard
Community Member

Hello.

I'm in need to buy connects.

I linked Mastercard and Paypal as billing method.

But when I try to buy, it says 'charge failed'.

Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mac Leonard,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I share the same sentiment. I can't buy connects thru my Paypal account. I'm unable to add/link my debit cards. Please help.

Hi Jahzeel Shayne,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. You may want to consider using a different billing method. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. To see the options available to you, click here. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
62b48525
Community Member

I have put my detail of visa master card in billing method but it is declining my payment method.Kindly assist, I have contacted my bank,they were saying transaction was made by our side but rejected by your side.Kindly assist.

Regards,

Omar Sharif Siddiqui

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omar Sharif,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
62b48525
Community Member

Ok waiting for the support person

HI,

I have contacted my bank today and they were saying all services are enabled from there side,My Card is working on netflix and other website but only your website is not accepting my card details.

Kindly assist me with the issue,it is being three day  I am messaging you my details and i only get same reply that:-"kindly check beneficiary details of your bank",but all the things are fine from there side.

Looking forward for your great response ,

Regards,

Omar Sharif Siddiqui.

Hi Omar,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Please refer to the instructions shared with you on your ticket, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There is no support ticket generated for this 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Omar,

Please follow up on the ticket with number 28241053 if you have any additional questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fatima_pierre_s
Community Member

Hello! I would like to ask why does my debit card can't buy connects even though it has the needed amount, more than the needed amount actually. What do I need to do? Thank you!  

Hi Fatima,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable for
international payments.
2.Try an alternate payment method.
3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
yamikhael
Community Member

Hello 🙂
is it possible to transfer money from my paypal account to upwork ?
i need money to buy connects what can i do!

Hi Youstina,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
egreta
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to buy new connects usiny my Mastercard. The card is active  and have enough amount in balance. It shows the following error everytime I try:-

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."
How do I solve this?

Thanks.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Egreta,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi friend,
1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
ahmadmatinkakar
Community Member

Hello, Unfortunately i can not buy connects with my visa card, i have visa card and also i added a debit card too but still cant buy connects. i checked from my phone and laptop but i have the same issue.

Hi Ahmad,

Could you please use this link to see the billing methods available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable for
international payments.
3. Clear your web browser for cookies.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the best services to
all the people concerned.
emily_townsend
Community Member

I spent $12 on connects and they were not added to my account.  And now I cannot find anyway to speak to someone about this!

Hi Emily,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dd73d96e
Community Member

Few days ago, I added my mastercard as my billing method and bought some connects and everything went fine. But today i wanted to buy some more but upwork would say card is invalid (its the same card and i have not blocked it or anything like that). I tried with another working mastercard but the issue prevails.

Kindly help on this...!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Fakhar.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shadeedur
Community Member

I can not buy connects It says Your payment could not be processed.

Hi Shadeed,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the best services to
all the people concerned.
brijesh-khaped
Community Member

I bought connects but I didn't got any confirmation or successful notification! I know the way how to buy!

Hi Brijesh,

It looks like you have an open ticket with our team about this concern. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please check the your connect history. You will get complete details of the
connect.
commitluis6033
Community Member

I'm trying to get the plus membership and tried different payment methods but all of them are rejected. I got funds on my account and I should be good

Hi Luis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us

~ Bojan
Upwork
johnjackperry
Community Member

I've entered my billing information in order to buy connects, but the window just stalls out after I hit "continue". How can I fix this?

Hi John,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sashasova
Community Member

So, basically I want to upgrade my membership, but at the last stage of it i get this error: Your monthly renewal is currently being processed. Please check back in a few hours.

I have it yesterday, and today. Nothing change's. I want it because of features and connect's and dont want to buy connect's separately. Thank's.

Hi Sasha,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths