🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Your payment could not be processed. Plea...
Page options
shanetha
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

After trying to making the payment for membership plan, I' getting this message, Please help in subscribing membership plan

94 REPLIES 94

Hello!

I am trying a lot but every time declined. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks

Regards

Aiman

Hi Aiman,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm the specific charge decline. 

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am also getting the same error with my Debit Card. Can you help me out here.

Regards,

Adithya

Hi Adithya,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i have also face same problem but not a resolved kindly send me any one its relevnet information. 

Thanks 

Hi Qaiser,

I checked, and it seems like the decline error was from your issuing bank. You may reach out to them so that they can check and assist you with the specific decline error. You can also consider using a different billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

My payments method is attached. Still faced the same issue 

Hi Muzzamil,

I would recomend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi. I have encountered same issues before. The quickest solution I had was to remove my card info and add it again. Usually the security code on your card does not get saved. Hope this will help you.

Hi Goran,

I hope you are doing great. I am getting the same issue while I added the card and tried to purchase connects and I got this error. and I have provided all the real details and my Upwork name is the same as my id and my account name. 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hamad.

~Andrea
Upwork

i am also getting the same message even my name is same on both my upwork account and my legan name, i have sufficient balance also and i can buy connects also but i am not able to upgrade and its very frustating some days before my activate plan button was also disabled and i have to talk to upwork community for a week and they said its becaouse of billing cycle it will be activated in 48 hours but no it has taken more then whole week,,,,and now my problem is i am getting this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method  or retry again later." when upgrading my account. don't know when my issue will be solved.

Hi Aadesh,

I checked on the transactions you're trying to process, and It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Alternatively, you may consider adding another billing method to your account. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
01f27567
Community Member

If this is problem with issuing bank then how can i buy connects, i am able to buy connects the problem is only with plan upgradation

01f27567
Community Member

Can you reply please 

muhammadali2107
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
                      After trying to making the payment for a membership plan, I' getting this message, Please help in subscribing membership plan.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi, i'm trying to buy connects. i have added billing method successfully, but it giving me same error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

can anyone help me?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hafiz.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same problem

I'm trying to buy connects and I have added billing method successfully. However, its giving me same error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." 

How do I resolve this issue?

Hi Rabiah,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Good day! I'm also experiencing  the same problem. I recently bought 10 connects on Aug. 1, which is 4 days ago. UpWork gives me error, I tried clearing cache and cookies. Also tried  removing and adding the same MasterCard again. Still, error prevails. 

https://nano.rojosalas.com/rdrzn

Hi Rojo,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
02fba6ef
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue, payment method added succesfully, charge failed to buy more connects.

amandeepphull
Community Member

Hi all,

I have the same error, I tried with many caredit card, and the balance, and alwayes I have same message :

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Please, don't tell me I have no credit in my count, I'm sure about this point. 

Why didn't work ? 

please can somone check with me what happen? why I can't activate my account ? 

Thanks.

Hi Amandeep,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
elias_79
Community Member

Hi friends at Upwork,

I am also experiencing this issue while upgrading the membership as well, which I didn't have in past anymore. Could you please assist me to solve the problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alireza,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
elias_79
Community Member

Thanks Bojan for replying,

I was able to fix it by changing my primary payment methof to credit card, as you suggested I visited paypal and saw it needs updating (which I did) so maybe as you mentioned it was the reason for the issue. 

rumpletiltskin
Community Member

i have had this problem before, but much of the time it was cleared up in less than an hour. Sometimes to solve the problem, instead of using paypal, submit the card along with the details the long way. This method accepts the card and goes through. Try it different ways or try changing the card if you have another one on hand.

yousoftme
Community Member

On upwork debit card is not working. But on other sites it works.

Hi Yousaf, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fd26e89a
Community Member

Hi there,

We want to upgrade our agency to Plus, but it always says "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.", we are using a card which is the same name as of the agency owner, still it is giving this error. 

Hi Mo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the agency membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c5e3ae01
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Someone can help me please

Hi Christopher,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined by your issuing bank. You may reach out to them so that they can check and assist you with the specific decline error.

In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
02fba6ef
Community Member

Hi, am having the same issue today. all should be good with my cards, yet it keeps failing.

sachin2937
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later
not able to buy connect, getting error from last 20 days. all is same as past it was worked fine before.

please fix it and let me know thanks

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mingyan109
Community Member

I tried to buy connects today but failed, it showing "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." I have tried to add paypal and credit card but both failed in payment. I'm pretty sure that the credit card is supported for international transactions because I'm currently using it for cloudways monthly service charges. Please help check this issue.

Thanks and kind regards

Mingyan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths