🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Exceeded attempts to add Billing Method
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
shubham142
Community Member

I am not able to purchase connects. It says my card is not valid. I don't know why because I have entered the correct details. Has anyone faced similar sort of issue while purchasing connects? Any solution to this problem?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bala Prasad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mansukh_s
Community Member

Please help, i want to buy connects but not able to link paypal to buy connects ?

Hi Mansukh!

That normally happens when you don't have a major credit card linked to your PayPal account.

If you have a prepaid debit/credit card like the one from Payoneer, it will not work.

Best,

Hugo

Hi friend,
1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
mahmedrao
Community Member

Hi,
I have added my card details and trying to buy connects. However, I always get error that 'Payment cannot be processed.'
I inquired from the bank they said the error is that I am not entering correct information. I have cross checked the fields but still can't figure out the exact issue. Is it First Name and Last Name, since it is 'WILLIAM JAMES AVA' on my card. So I tried 'WILLIAM JAMES' as First Name and 'AVA' as Last Name. But still no luck.
The bank says there is no restriction from there.

Kindly assist me with this.

Thanks
Ahmed Rao

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
capimcclainfonou
Community Member

I do have positive balance in paypal and wish to purchase connects butI don't have credit card and upwork balance. can anybody help?

Hi Athena,

Only a verified PayPal account can be used as the billing method. To learn more about verifying and linking your PayPal account, click here.

Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rahul3333
Community Member

Last two days to iam trying to buy upwork connect bit still facing issue.

First i used paypal
Then i use local bank account card( discover)

On third attamp i try paypal with my bank atm card

finally What i got
75 rupees deducted and upwork send error message ( payment failed)

I dont want to use credit card
I have Debit ( discover), paypal Payoneer
Can i buy connect from this debit amd payapl account.

It would be good for me if i got any solution from upwork.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rahul3333
Community Member

Looking at them, I feel that there is no solution

Dear friend,

I hope, this will be helpful.

Sir
Everything is fine by my end. But still facing issue 🙂
690f8fe1
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to buy connects , I couldn't buy them after chosing payment method. 

this message showed up " Unable to buy connects, Payment was declined"

Ps: My card is working in other platforms. there is no issue with my Credit Card.

Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amghar,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
goelanuj94
Community Member

Issue.png

Hi Anuj,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
saadahmad99
Community Member

Hello Mam,

I am facing the same problem. I have my email address linked to my PayPal account. But still I am unable to buy connects via PayPal. Does it have something to do with my W-8BEN tax information which I haven't provided yet?

Hi Saad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,
1.Please make sure that the payment option you are using is suitable

bffdd9fb
Community Member

I have attempted several time to add billing method but it exceeded the no of attempts. The issue arieses because of not supporting 3D secure cards. What should i do now?. please help me.

Hi Majid,

I looked into this further and can confirm that your bank declined the transactions. Kindly contact your bank directly for more information regarding your concern. 

Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for the response, but now i am trying to add different method but stiil recieving the same notification of exceeded attempts. I just tried 1 time with the 2nd method.

This is what it's showing.

Hi Majid,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much for the assistance. Kindly guide me how long I have to wait for this support.

Hi Majid, and Adnan,

I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you both to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
adnan771
Community Member

Hi,
Hope you peoples are doing great.

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add a Master/credit card as the billing method. I saw the following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Please HELP me, 😞 
Regards

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your response

Ys Please Keep my ticket to high priority.

Regards
yurecs
Community Member

I would like to pay the plus membership through paypal, but from my balance, because for technical reasons I can’t bind the card.

Сan I pay through PayPal balance instead of credit card?

Thank you in advance for feedback

Regards, Yuri

Hi Yury,

Please note that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to upgrade your membership plan. Please check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2c4f9b95
Community Member

Hi, 

I am unable to buy connects using my debit card. I have enough balance and am using the same card for all other transactions. 

Please help. Thanks! 

Hi Shweta,

I checked your account and it seems that the bank declined this transaction. For more information, please contact the local bank directly. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
georgesawr
Community Member

My connects are now zero and I am not able to buy any more new connects.my debit card is not working.can I buy with the payment I got through the work I have done.please advise.i am not able to proceed .

Hi Roshni,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

erika_mei
Community Member

Hi. I tried to use my debit card to buy connects but it keeps on being declined even though there's money in the card. I need help. Thanks!

Hi Erika,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths