🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to join Plus membership: Payment w...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
suraiya1
Community Member

Hi! 

I have successfully  added 'EBL Aqua Mastercard' as my billing method and I have sufiicient $ to buy connects. But it isnt working. When I try to purchase connects it says ' Payment could not be processed' . Please see the attached image. Please someone hep me to solve this issue. I really want to buy connects to win my first job. Thank you. 

Hi Suraiya,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,
1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope, this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
ulyana_mysyk
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to buy connects but I get the message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later" every time.

Please, tell me how I can buy them.

Thank you!

Hi Ulyana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dremu44o
Community Member

Hi guys. Probably here I'll get quicker and more competent answer than from Upwork support.

For some reason I can't use my PayPal account to pay for connects just credit cards.

I have 100% verified PayPal account but when I add PayPal as a billing method it still asks me to pick the card I want to pay from. What do I do wrong?

Hi Oleg, I'm not sure if this is the reason, but does your paypal account have any funds? That's the only thing that comes to mind from looking at the screen shot.

Yes, it does have. That's why it's so weird.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleg, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the team. It looks like you have added your credit card to your billing method. To address your concern, to be able to use Paypal, your Paypal account must have a linked credit card or debit card for recurring payments (for example, Freelancer membership fees). 

~ Avery
Upwork
bffdd9fb
Community Member

Hi 

I am trying to upgrade my membership to plus, but when i am trying to make transaction upwork showing the error of payment could not be processesd, but on asking the bank authority they told me that upwork has deducted 1$. If they can deduct 1$ why not full payment and also why they have deducted 1$. I am facing this issue from 5 days kindly do somthing on urgent basis. 

Hi Majid,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with upgrading to our Plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

raza_ul_mustafa
Community Member

Hi Goran V,

I am also trying to add a Billing method but unfortunatley I am unable to do so.It says we are unable to authorize your card.Although it works fine on other sites.

Can you please help.

Hi Razu,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

raza_ul_mustafa
Community Member

I was unable to add a billing method as i want to buy some connects.It says that  Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. Although it works fine for other sites.

fc52103b
Community Member

I'm unable to pay through my visa card for buying connects.

The upwork without informing me added the account itself and now I cannot edit it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rimsha.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nisgho
Community Member

Please help me as well. I tried adding a credit card , it says unable to Authorize.. Also I tried purchasing connects with an international discover debit card, it says your payment couldn't be processed.. please help me, I am helpless now.
nisgho
Community Member

Please help me as well. I tried adding a credit card , it says unable to Authorize.. Also I tried adding international discover debit card, it says your payment couldn't be processed.. please help me, I am helpless now.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nishant.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sabeehajiffry123
Community Member

I want to pay to connects with my paypal balance . not with the card. please help me for this. thanks

Go into setting and look for get paid and you see the paypal and it ask if you want to paypal to pay for connects. hope this helps.

I did as you said sir. but the thing is when i logged in to paypal message is coming like this "Please add a credit or debit card to complete your purchase." so i couldn,t pay to buy connects using only with my paypal balance sir

Hi Sabeeha, 

Please add a credit or debit card to your Paypal account to be able to use it as a billing method on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, this is also true to me. Why is Upwork offering Paypal when they would not let you pay with your Paypal Balance instead of asking for a card. If it is Paypal, then they should also do something about being able to credit it with your current balance in Paypal and not through any card.

Hi Sabeeha, 

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. 

~ Avery
Upwork
humashahzadch
Community Member

Hello, 

I have bought connects before with the same account details, but this time it is showing an error. 

Hi Huma Shahzad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
muhammadhamza48
Community Member

Hi Avery O,

Hope you are doing great. I am facing the same issue, I can't pay to buy connect using my debit visa card. I contacted my bank and they are saying that there is no issue from their side. Can you please check my upwork account and tell me what is the issue?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muhammad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d6a3c873
Community Member

Hello. Im trying to join the Plus membership, and Im unable to do so. An error was displayed: "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or try again later". How can I solve this? I tried several times. This is a VISA card.1.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mateo,

~ Bojan
Upwork
husain-a
Community Member

I'm trying to buy connects with my Paypal balance but it's not working. I  keep getting prompted to add a debit or credit card (which I don't have). I tried to email customer support but the button "Ask for Help" in the Help Center is not working either. Can someone help me please? I also tried adding Paypal as my billing method in my profile settings, and ran into the same problem...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Husain, 

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. 

~ Avery
Upwork
husain-a
Community Member

Can I get around this problem by using Upwork balance to buy connects? I will have to invite a client to the platform but there's no other way as Paypal is the only payment method available to me. Really upset with this change. It just makes things harder than they need to be.

Hi Husain,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with setting up your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jainakshat012
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects, problem related to alternate payment method.

It doesnt send me to the paayment page.

Hi Akshat, 

Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible. We'll come back here once we have more information.

Akshat J wrote:

I am unable to buy connects, problem related to alternate payment method.

It doesnt send me to the paayment page.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Akshat, 

It looks like you were able to purchase Connects by updating your billing method. If you need further help with anything, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths